Im planning on getting one of these amps as a small gig and practice amp which one is the better choice overall

Thanks for any and all help
Quote by Zero-or-die
Im planning on getting one of these amps as a small gig and practice amp which one is the better choice overall

Thanks for any and all help

Neither of them are that remarkable, though I'd go for the Spider because of the flexibility...and I happen to be one of the few here that think that they are decent amps. I've graduated to tubes, though. Finally!
Threadstarter, don't listen to anyone who recommends the Spider over a Bandit.

Bandit 100%
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7

Bandit 100%

Please lets not start this again...

And please do not brush me aside as someone who loves his Spider and think's it's the greatest thing ever and has never played a superior amp. I know my stuff...and I think that a Spider will give you more options.
Quote by darkarbiter7

Bandit 100%

This guy is right.
Bandit FTW...

AFter playing spider's, I can tell you, they're really harsh and grainy. Not to mention hard to use. You CAN get a somewhat workable tone out of it, but it takes LOTS of messing with it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you have to go SS, then the Bandit. What's so versatile about the Spider? The Bandit can do clean, twang, blues, crunch and high gain or whatever it's called too. The efects on a Spider are garbage too so I wouldn't bother with it.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
I know my stuff...and I think that a Spider will give you more options.

Quantity is not always greater than quality.

Go with the Bandit.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Bandit is a very good SS amp. I have one too, for when im playing at lower volumes. I even prefer it over a cube, but thats personal. The cube is very good too.
The line6 is utter crap. Stay away from it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Go with the Bandit man. Spider's nice, but apparently the Bandit has better tone options.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at May 17, 2008,
I own the Bandit and have played the Spider. I would go with the Bandit, as it doesn't sound completely like Digital Solid State crap.

I'm actually trying to sell of a bunch of stuff to afford some new gear, so if the Bandit's what you're after, I could probably sell it to you. Hit me up if you decide on it.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Please lets not start this again...

And please do not brush me aside as someone who loves his Spider and think's it's the greatest thing ever and has never played a superior amp. I know my stuff...and I think that a Spider will give you more options.

What's the point of more options if they all suck? It's like having 100 TV channels of fuzzed out infomercials (The Spider), but you could get 25 clear TV channels with halfway good content (the Bandit).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator