Now i have your attention.

Regarding cabinets,

If you had... the same speakers in your own cabinet as in ... i dunno... a mesa boogie/anything with happy celestions

would you get the same sound from it using a same head and settings for both

keep in mind: same speakers in cabinets... just one isn't brand name.

Cause im too poor to try both and any help/abuse would be exceptionally helpful
I apologise for my pretentious signature.
if its the same internal volume as a mesa cab or w/e, then it will be really similar. as long as the speakers are the same it will be a close sound. more internal volume = more bass response like a recto cab, less volume = more tight like a marshall cab
Well Enough Alone
no. how it's constructed, the materials used, the design, ie baffle, joints, porting, dimensions, etc... all contribute to the overall sound of a cab.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Not necessarily. It would be close, but the type and quality of the wood used will affect it, as well as the dimensions and certain aspects of the construction. If you want a good cab for a good price, check out Avatar. They have really good deals on their Traditional line of cabs with V30s.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Double no
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by Erock503
no. how it's constructed, the materials used, the design, ie baffle, joints, porting, dimensions, etc... all contribute to the overall sound of a cab.
+1
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION