I just downloaded Firefox because my IE font changed and no one's methods seemed to work. I tried google and asking on here, but my thread got closed before it could be useful.

Well now I'm on firefox and I'm trying to figure out the nifty things you can do with it. How do you work these ad-on doodads? Where is a good place to find them and what are some good ones? I searched on google, but google isn't going to give me an opinion. I did find a site to get the ad-ons, but i was a bit overwhelmed, so I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks.
God forbid you be helpful. It was just a question. I didn't ask for my preference, I asked for yours.

Edit: I used the searchbar. It didn't cater to my needs.
www.mozilla.com they have a whole section dedicated to add-ons, plug-ins, and themes.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
download statusbar- it gets rid of that annoying pop up when you download things and integrates the download right into the browser window.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Thank you, this is the kind of response I'm looking for.

Once you download them, is there anything else you had to do? Or does it just magically make itself work?
Quote by Doppelgänger
Adblock Plus is a good one. As well as DownloadHelper.

I agree. they are awesome. Another one that's handy is Forecastfox.

Once they are downloaded and installed, all you gotta do is restart firefox and it'll be working.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
Quote by Evian
Thank you, this is the kind of response I'm looking for.

Once you download them, is there anything else you had to do? Or does it just magically make itself work?

I'm pretty sure they're enabled automatically. You can access them by clicking:
Tools --> Add-ons
it basically magically makes them work for some... others are user-initiated, such as some video downloading add-ons.

i have a wikipedia and a dictionary lookup addon that will let you look up the word you have selected.

PDF download i find very useful for finding pdf files on the web

IE tab works well for those sites that are stubborn with firefox

newtab url also copies the current URL when you open up a new page/tab, so it's not just (blank)
totally off topic...but what is your avatar from TS?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
foxy tunes lets you control your music player from the bottom of the window. kind of like the download statusbar.

clipmarks is fun. it lets you clip articles and save them.

also look for a new theme, because the firefox one sucks
It's Chibi Cthulhu

I downloaded the "download status bar" add-on but it didn't seem to work. I guess it isn't magic.
Quote by FireandFlames
Get the RedShift theme

no.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Tools -> Add-ons is where you can access all the add-ons you have. There are tabs for extensions, themes, plugins, and updates. In the bottom right corner, there should be something for getting new ones. Just click that and it will take you to the Mozilla page where a majority of them are found.

My extensions:
FireGestures (do various actions with mouse gestures- reload, back, forward, close tab, go to next tab, etc.)
Forecastfox
IE Tab (opens the page up as if it were in Internet Explorer, some pages don't work well with Firefox)
Long Titles (keeps tooltips from being shortened)
StumbleUpon (click it and it takes you to a random webpage based on the preferences you set for it)
Tab Scope (hover your mouse over a tab and it shows a thumbnail of what the window looks like)
VideoDownloader (lets you download videos from YouTube and other such sites)
ColorfulTabs (sets each of your tabs to a different color- helps me differentiate between them)

I use Opaque + ClearTabs as my theme, it's pretty much the default theme but a bit more crisp.
ad block+ is a must, Fasterfox is pretty good, unplug is also pretty helpful if you want to DL youtube videos.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The download thing doesn't work much. It still pops up in a window. I'm not sure how to make the add-on work. I'm going to take some of these suggestions and see how they go.