Hi it's me again with more troubles. I cannot get my high e-string (first string) to tune up or down. It's touching the frets on my Devlin flame with a strat-like bridge. can anyone give me tips on how to fix it?
You mean the tuning peg has no effect on it? Is there any tension on the string at all? if so how did you get that tension on?
if there's no tension then how can it be fixed
all it does it makes a percussive not even e-sound when I play it open but when I fret 2-22 they sound like how they normally do notewise in standard tuning. It is basically touching the fretwire at the first fret on that string only
just raise the saddle on the high e, its obv. too low. two little Allen screws on the saddle, screw them clockwise each a half a turn then play the string from 1st fret to the 22nd. Keep going in half turn increments till all frets ring clear.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
to fix it by raising the saddle, you'll have to raise it a lot, which will impact playability. How old is the guitar and in what conditions has it been kept? it sounds like it may have a warped neck. Take it to a luthier, and have him look, It can probably be fixed with a new nut cut slightly higher for that string, or possibly that fret could be hammered or filed down. (Do not do this yourself).
the saddle could just be all the way down (bottomed out). Try raising it first, you wont hurt the guitar by raising the saddle a bit.
On that note I do agree a Good luthier should have a look at it. I take every one of my guitars to my lutheir when I first receive them. I do my own setups but having a pro do the first one will give you a good starting place to see what your guitar can do.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!