Hi guys,
Ave been wanting to pick the electric guitar up for a while now and I was hoping for some advice on my first axe. One that's got me hooked is the warbeast . I've asked about this baby a couple of times but never got much of a response on other threads so I thought why not make my own . Any advice at all would be great,
Cheers,
Tom
maybe start out with a beginner pack that includes an amp and guitar and tuner and everything you need

check out the Fender Starcaster pack
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
I like most types but especially metal/rock/alternative. Like Metallica or KSE or pretty much anything that sounds good and has a harsh tone to it.
My budget is pretty low about 220 pounds at most (roughly $400 i think).

Hope that helps.
Quote by etniesmuzikskat
maybe start out with a beginner pack that includes an amp and guitar and tuner and everything you need

check out the Fender Starcaster pack

I have a starcaster pack and its not bad at all.

maybe upgrade the amp though.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
The main thing that made this guitar stand out for me was it's totally radical shape. So many of my friends have guitars that (to me) all look the same like the stratocaster for example. Thank you for all your advice so far but I am really looking for something unique, something awesome and that also sounds completely sick.
I doubt you will find something like that in your price range, best getting something that sounds nice and is easy to play.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by Red_Raven
The main thing that made this guitar stand out for me was it's totally radical shape. So many of my friends have guitars that (to me) all look the same like the stratocaster for example. Thank you for all your advice so far but I am really looking for something unique, something awesome and that also sounds completely sick.

In all honesty, don't get a unique guitar first. They spend too much money on what it looks like, leaving a crappy playing guitar, and playing a crappy guitar (my first strat copy had such sharp frets it cut my fingers) makes you not want to play anymore, because it isn't fun.
trust me, i wanted that guitar for my first axe but DO NOT BUY A GUITAR JUST BECAUSE IT LOOKS GOOD because i tried to play it at my guitar center but it doesn't feel good to play it at all. it does not sound "metal" at all it sounds bad.
i would also try out a guitar at the store before buying it.

i would really suggest this guitar it feels guitar for a first guitar:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-LP-Junior-Special-Electric-Guitar-101691038-i1150104.gc

p.s. do not buy a guitar soley because it's unique
if want to play metal the ibanez and the epiphone sg would be good choices and both are good to play. The weird shaped ones sometimes arent as common becuase they arent as good to play so no1 buys them (altough not always the case).
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Maybe unique wasn't the best word I could have used... em.. how about just different from what everyone else I know is using (i.e les pauls/stratocasters). I went round the guitar shops in Glasgow today and saw a tonne load of guitars (including most of the mentioned above ) and sadly didn't find the warbeast but I did get to hear what a similar BC rich sounded like. I sounded as good as I had expected... Amazing!
A couple of other guitars caught my eye too: ESP F-50
Jackson Warrior
LTD ax-something
Axl mayhem...

And a lot of others.

Thanks for all the advice so far. I'll look into all the guitars you recomended. Keep it coming, this is awesome
Quote by Red_Raven
I like most types but especially metal/rock/alternative. Like Metallica or KSE or pretty much anything that sounds good and has a harsh tone to it.
My budget is pretty low about 220 pounds at most (roughly $400 i think).

Hope that helps.

i would get a yamaha pacifica 112 (around £150) and roland microcube (around £60-£70). Tell the shop you're just starting to play, and they should throw in a lead, strap, few picks and spare set of strings.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Red_Raven

you don't have enough cash to buy something which looks radical. at your budget, you need all your cash to be going into the spec, not a crazy shape and finish. this might sound harsh, but it's the truth, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dang, sorry for the triple post (i can't edit a post with quotes in it, or my computer will crash) but some of the lags are quite nice around the £150-£200 mark, and also an ibanez rg321 might be worth a look. They aren't as radical as a V-shape, but look a bit more "metal" than the pacifica. At the end of the day, though, if you get to try all those and prefer how the pacifica sounds and plays, get the pacifica.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Axl are garbage. I don't care how heavily they're advertised, the quality just isn't there. I've played them, I know.

Dave's absolutely right, TS, you should be focusing on playability and basic tone at this point rather than rad-ness. Looks are generally something to aspire to later on, once you've got the "playing" part down.

i haven't tried axl, but dan normally knows what he's talking about.

don't get me wrong, looks are important too, you don't want it to look like the back end of a bus, but at the same time you should concentrate on spec, playability and tone first, with looks second, ESPECIALLY if you're on a tight budget. What that means is that you buy the best playing and sounding guitar for your budget (which you know has quality hardware and parts), in the nicest colour it comes in.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok... em... could I not change the specs after purchase? Like when I've saved up for upgrading the pick ups, neck, strings and upgarde things like the amp etc. It works out not to bad price wise compared to higher spec'd guitars.
I know how important specs are but those things I can change afterwards. However, I cannot change the profile of a guitar.
It's possible to get the EX-50 LTD Model from ESP for around £200 Quid if your from the UK, it comes with some decent kit and awesome for a first Guitar, I'd recommend looking at it, maybe doing some research and looking at some reviews.

I ordered one yesterday and I plan on getting it fit up with a 81 EMG Pickup in the Bridge and a 60 In the Neck.

Happy Hunting.
A tip dont go out and spend a ****load of money on just your first electric just buy something decent and simple same for the amp and dont forget to get a lead, picks, tuner etc. Its merely pointless spending a load of money on your first electric its not like you cant buy another guitar or amp in the future.
I'd say get the Ibanez RG321MH and an Epiphone valve junior.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
*Sigh*... Let's go back to the BC Rich warbeast.
WARBEAST
B.C. Rich Warbeast Electric Guitar Specifications:

Construction: bolt on
Body wood: basswood
Top style: beveled

Headstock style: SOB 3 to a side
Headstock color: black

Tuners: sealed die cast

Neck wood: maple
Neck radius: 12"
Back of neck: satin
Neck binding: none
Nut width: 43mm

Fretboard: rosewood
Inlay: none
Frets: 22 jumbo 2.7mm
Factory strings: 9-42
Scale: 25-1/2"

Bridge type: tune-o-matic
Tailpiece type: string-through-body
Pickups: 2 black plastic covered BC Rich humbuckers
Controls: 1 volume, 1 tone and 1 three-way toggle
Hardware: chrome

Finish: glossy
B.C. Rich Warbeast Electric Guitar Features:

Bolt-on neck
Basswood body with Warlock design
Son of Beast style headstock
Maple neck
25-1/2" scale
Rosewood fretboard
22 jumbo frets
Tune-o-matic bridge
String-thru-body tailpiece
Dual BC Rich BDSM humbuckers
Volume, tone, and 3-way switching
Chrome hardware

Costs only $199.99

So apart from the pick ups everything is pretty good. And I can change them later.

What do you think of this guitar?
i think a lot of people have strats because they sound good but seriously, don't completely rule out a strat. they're amazing. you could play almost any style on a strat.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
It's not a good guitar. Low-end BC Rich guitars are simply not good. Poor construction. Poor materials. Sounds bad, feels bad, falls apart. What more do you want?
No. Go for the RG321mh. It's MUCH better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Red_Raven
Ok... em... could I not change the specs after purchase? Like when I've saved up for upgrading the pick ups, neck, strings and upgarde things like the amp etc. It works out not to bad price wise compared to higher spec'd guitars.
I know how important specs are but those things I can change afterwards. However, I cannot change the profile of a guitar.

that gets pretty expensive pretty quickly, not to mention isn't really feasible for some of the spec, especially if you're a beginner. and at the end of the day you still have a starter guitar, just now you've thrown about £300 at it. Unless you change almost everything. which could work. but then you'd have thrown more like £500-£600 at it. And that could buy you a good guitar from the get go.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?