Just wondering what people would recommend for a decent wah pedal. I play Tool/Incubus/perfect circle/Helmet kinda stuff. I have a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix wah but its pretty clashy and extreme, just wondered what else is out there? Something a bit more subtle I guess is what I’m looking for…

Also, what would be the best way to supply power to 3 effect pedals? I’m thinking one of those daisy chain things or perhaps just buy the individual power supplies and chuck them all into a powerboard? Kinda just answered my own question lol… but yeah, any more ideas?
Cheers
Have a look at fulltone Clyde wahs. they arent really extream, you might like em, good luck m8
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Also, The Dunlop 535Q and RMC Picture Wah are wortrh seeing. I use a modded Dunlop GCB-95 myself, great for Incubus and A Perfect Circle.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by sideshowlinc
Just wondering what people would recommend for a decent wah pedal. I play Tool/Incubus/perfect circle/Helmet kinda stuff. I have a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix wah but its pretty clashy and extreme, just wondered what else is out there? Something a bit more subtle I guess is what I’m looking for…

Also, what would be the best way to supply power to 3 effect pedals? I’m thinking one of those daisy chain things or perhaps just buy the individual power supplies and chuck them all into a powerboard? Kinda just answered my own question lol… but yeah, any more ideas?
Cheers

i would recommend a Dunclop Cry Baby (the standard model), as compared to the hendrix model it can be a bit more subtle, but it might not make sense to you buying another dunlop wah, in which case the fulltone clyde are a great versatile wah (a bit hard to find, but they're worth it).

and dunlop power brick can supply 10 pedals.

damn, i sound like a dunlop spokesman.

good luck.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
I forgot. Go with a Visual Sound 1 Spot and a 1 spot DC-5 daisy chain. Best option apart from the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power or T-Rex Fuel Tnak, but theya re both extremely overpriced and the 1 spot is only slightly less brilliant.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
if u got the money go for the fulltone clyde deluxe got one and never regretted it. When my my mate whos a quality player and owns a v847 tried it. He was literally speechless. If not the v847 is very good for the money
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
the vox v847 can't handle high gain well, so the fulltone would be your best choice
stay away from dunlop altogether
Have had soo many but the clyde fulltone is a keeper.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
RMC is a top notch brand. He has a wah for everyone's taste, too.

For power supplies, go for the 1 spot.

EDIT: Go to realmccoycustom.com and read some of the descriptions.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at May 17, 2008,
i got the fulltone standard wah and its awesome for hendrix but not sure about the high gain i never tried
535Q will do everything you will ever need
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
RMC wheels of fire. It is their high gain wah.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
my default recommendation is usually a VOX V847....
but the 535Q seems to be good for your type of music
Quote by FLCLcowdude
RMC wheels of fire. It is their high gain wah.

Really? I would've suggested the Wizard Wah, probably.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Really? I would've suggested the Wizard Wah, probably.

Yeah, I guess your right. I would say it is a matter of personal opinion. I love my RMC Wheels of Fire though.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
^Oh, i don't deny that it's a great pedal. I'm under the impression that my Picture Wah is perfect, lol. I just thought the wizard wah was more geared towards the modern tones.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
would the Dimebag, Zakk Wylde, or Slash Wah work? I've never used any of them, but I would think they would be able to handle high gain by looking at who they were made for.
^Those are pretty mediocre pedals, in my opinion.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
^ Especially compared to an RMC Wah. I actually modded my crybaby into a volume pedal. Lol.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
So we have:
· Dunlop 535Q
· Dunlop Cry Baby
· Dunlop GCB-95
· fulltone Clyde
· RMC Picture Wah
· RMC wheels of fire
· vox v847
· Wizard Wah

Any last thoughts? I’m thinking fulltone…
pretty solid list
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by sideshowlinc
lol im not getting all of them!! i just need one!

Obviously.

You really need to try some of those/listen to some soundclips or Youtube demos to get an indication of which one you want.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Mike from Incubus uses the Crybaby from Hell wah, and i think Adam Jones uses the 535Q. The CFH and the 535Q are basically identical except for the CFH has an extra knob to tweak it a bit more. I say definately try the 535Q and if you can afford it maybe go for the CFH.
I like my Weeping Demon, versatile as anything, got the pedal on/off or auto options, fully adjustable, and built like a brick.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by sideshowlinc
So we have:
· Dunlop 535Q
· Dunlop Cry Baby
· Dunlop GCB-95
· fulltone Clyde
· RMC Picture Wah
· RMC wheels of fire
· vox v847
· Wizard Wah

Any last thoughts? I’m thinking fulltone…

Well, at this point, i would rule out the Cry Baby and the GCB-95 (am i mistaken, or are those not the same thing?)

The rest are worth considering, but it depends on what you are looking for. If you're looking for vintage, then the Vox, Picture Wah, Fulltone Clyde, and probably Wheels of Fire would be right up your alley. The Vox is easily modded, but the others are more high quality right out of the box. If you're looking for a more modern wah, check out the RMC Wizard Wah or something like a weeping demon (having said that, i've never tried it, it just gets used a lot).

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
like i said before, and ill say it again fulltone is the way to go. Will get you from 10/10 clean sounds to the best distortion sound you can ever expect to get from a wah
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus