Well, I've switched from bass to samples, in my band. I don't really feel like spending money on a hardware sampler, so I thought i'd just use my laptop, when we play live to trigger them. problem is, most samplers ive come across on the net, cost mney cause they have loads of features..al I need is to trigger them, when i need to.

any help? like, maybe an alternate way to trigger them? or a simple free software download ya''ll have heard of?

thanks in advance for any help
dude, that sounds like you got screwed over. Going from actually playing an instrument to just triggering samples on your laptop?
as far as MIDI Controllers, in risk of sounding stupid, I never really understood how they work or how to use them. otherwise thatd be my first choice

as far as getting screwed over, it was my choice. we use tons of samples, but had no one to do them so I volunteered.
Quote by paranoid joker
as far as MIDI Controllers, in risk of sounding stupid, I never really understood how they work or how to use them. otherwise thatd be my first choice

as far as getting screwed over, it was my choice. we use tons of samples, but had no one to do them so I volunteered.

Basically you can get them in the form of a keyboard (or quite a few other instrument shapes) and you can plug it into your computers MIDI input.

Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
find a new band where you can play bass - samplers are lame

The guy just said that he wanted to switch to samplers instead of bass, it's his decision.
Windows media player.
Just click play when you need one

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?