I tried to lower the level of the bridge so that my strings would be closer to the fret board, but after that, I began to have lots of buzz all over the fret board and my guitar showed almost no sustain!

Which part(s) should I replace (don't say the whole guitar)? Shoud it be the bridge or the fret board??

Thanks.
I'm brand new to this but I doubt you need to replace anything, just adjust things.

Action, and maybe that bar thing in the neck, .. I forget what it's called.

Read this
Raise the bridge again.. That should probably solve the problem.
I know it's not the best answer but you probably lowered it too much
... This is almost not worth replying to. But im going to take it that youre smart enough to realise not to lower the bridge too much.

Check the bow of your neck, it sounds like it might be bowing backwards.
Quote by Alexman
Raise the bridge again.. That should probably solve the problem.
I know it's not the best answer but you probably lowered it too much

Bingo!!!
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by Dark_Merlin
... This is almost not worth replying to. But im going to take it that youre smart enough to realise not to lower the bridge too much.

Check the bow of your neck, it sounds like it might be bowing backwards.

Well, I've handled different qualities of guitars, some were of fender, gibson, and ibanez, and also some low quality guitars, and the very first difference that I noticed was the closeness of the strings to the fret board (which is important to decrease lots of tension and therefore to increase speed).

I tried to adjust the bridge of my guitar to that level and that is what happened.

Now, can any body give me more advice?
Just so you know, lower action increases speed, but will decrease sustain. That doesn't address your fret buzz problem (which is most likely because you have some back bow and need a truss rod adjustment...or you went a skosh too low with your bridge adjustments), but it's an FYI. Rule of thumb: the lower the action, the less sustain.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
which is most likely because you have some back bow and need a truss rod adjustment...or you went a skosh too low with your bridge adjustments), but it's an FYI. Rule of thumb: the lower the action, the less sustain.

Ok, so thx a lot for that rule of thumb.

Now, what are these back bow and truss rod? Thanks
You might need to check the truss rod, you probably need to raise the action - just because other guitars had very low action doesn't automatically mean yours can. If you want help you're going to have to post pictures, nobody can give the right advice until we actually see what it looks like.

Adjusting the truss rod can be downright fatal for a guitar if you don't know what you're doing or it's unnecessary. Post some pictures and people will be able to make a more accurate assessment.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by domenic_665
I tried to lower the level of the bridge so that my strings would be closer to the fret board, but after that, I began to have lots of buzz all over the fret board and my guitar showed almost no sustain!

Which part(s) should I replace (don't say the whole guitar)? Shoud it be the bridge or the fret board??

Thanks.

When trying to diagnose this sort of thing, it's helpful if we know what kind of guitar it is and what type of bridge is on it. Either way, nothing needs to be replaced. I don't know why you think it's broke. You made the adjustment that caused all this, so put it back to where it was and start over. Or, bring it in to a shop to have it set up and have them explain to you how to do it correctly.
Quote by LeftyDave
When trying to diagnose this sort of thing, it's helpful if we know what kind of guitar it is and what type of bridge is on it. Either way, nothing needs to be replaced. I don't know why you think it's broke. You made the adjustment that caused all this, so put it back to where it was and start over. Or, bring it in to a shop to have it set up and have them explain to you how to do it correctly.

Yeah, I forgot to mention, that I already returned my bridge to its original height, but the consequence is that I gained more tension when fretting. My bridge is just that of a common stratocaster.

Now, anyone?
Quote by LeftyDave
How long have you been playing guitar?

About a year and a half. Why did you ask that?
If you can, take it to a store and get them to set it up for you... as far as i know, you don't want to be tinkering with the truss rod unless you know exactly what to do.
Google and youtube will be able to explain/show you exactly what you need to know.

A year and a half and you don't know any of this? I've bin playing two weeks and I know all this.
Quote by VvLOGiKvV
Google and youtube will be able to explain/show you exactly what you need to know.

A year and a half and you don't know any of this? I've bin playing two weeks and I know all this.

Notice the word "Basics" in the Forum name? Stop being a jerk, I didn't learn about adjustments for a long time, and I was barely confident enough to try them out myself. If you're going to leave such useless comments, don't bother leaving any at all.
Quote by domenic_665
About a year and a half. Why did you ask that?

Because action adjustments are a very basic part of owning/playing an electric guitar. Whenever you experiment with different string gauges, you'll need to make this adjustment. It's one of those customizable things on a guitar that makes it your own, and gives it the feel that's right for you. It's ok that you didn't know, and it's ok to ask. I asked you how long you've been playing to better get an idea as to your skill level, now I know. Everyone is different, everyone learns at a different rate, and anyone can perform this basic procedure given a little teaching. For your guitar, I recommend you go to the Fender site and read their Stratocaster setup guide. Everything is covered in there, from truss rod to tremolo adjusting, and pickup height.
Here's the link:

http://www.fender.com/support/stratocaster.php
Quote by domenic_665
the very first difference that I noticed was the closeness of the strings to the fret board (which is important to decrease lots of tension and therefore to increase speed).

Yngwie Malmsteen uses a comparatively high action.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

yes, but malmsteen also uses scalloped fretboards which pretty much makes up for the action