Hey, this is a song i wrote for the band I play bass in. It's kind of soft rock... .
Put RSE on, it sounds okay...

C4C

grtz
Attachments:
nogtwuk.zip
A'ight, critting as I'm listening. It seemed more like jazz than rock imo .

It took me quite a while to get into your strumming pattern in the intro, since I found it quite.... awkward... but after it gets to me, I really enjoyed it. The time signature changes kinda bothered me, as it seems that it was only there for the purpose of making it not 4/4 or to be progressive or whatever, NOT for the purpose of the song itself. Idk, on most parts, the time sig change just didn't contribute anything to the song, methinks. Oh, and I think the 2/4 and 3/4 could be written as 5/4? Idk, it felt more like a 5/4 to me.

Lol, the next part is kinda ska-ish . Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just caught me by surprise. Not much to comment there, 'cept that it's good.

The wah solo is cool, have that soothing dreamlike feel . But I think you'd be better off changing the rhythm guitar's strum pattern there, as it kinda overpowered the lead.

I think 49 could use a better transition, as it felt abrupt and didn't flow too well, and so is 66. But looking at it as an individual part, there's nothing wrong there, really.

67 was kinda strange. Idk, it just didn't fit with the rest of the song imo. The transition to the main part after that also left something to be desired. Ending was meh, nothing bad but nothing extraordinary too. You should have made a build up that created a tension for the ending, but then again, it wouldn't really fit the song .

Overall, I quite enjoy this song, you have some nice idea here and there, though I did not enjoy the latter part of the song as much as I did on the former half. But that's just me, I'm sure there are others who would enjoy it . But, yeah, you have yourself a sweet song!

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856149
Recommended threads
New Band
christianbassis
Last post:
by christianbassis