I’m looking for good tuners to put on my guitar. What would be the best out of:
· Fender Deluxe Schaller Locking Machine Heads
· Sperzel 6-In-Line Trim-Lok Reverse Tuners
· Grover 205C6 6-In-Line Guitar Tuning Keys
Or is there anything better out there? I just need something reliable and stuff; you all know how it is.
Cheers
I bought a set of Grovers for my SG and I love them.
Used plenty of tuners and these are by far the best in my opinion.
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day
I also heart my Grovers.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Locking tuners will be better than the Grovers.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles

so you reckon the Schallers then?
Quote by Woogles

True enough...but then again, my Grovers are lockers...so maybe that's why I heart them.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Grovers-even nonlocking ones- are really good. But don't use a non-locking tuner on a trem guitar (not a double locking), 'cause you'll run into trouble with tuning.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Any of the "known" name brands of lockers will probably do you just fine, in all honesty. I'd search for a deal. I'd also go Grover or Schaller, and consider thoughtfully if you want to deal with the extra set screw install that Sperzel's require.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Have had sperzels on every guitar for 15 plus years now never have failed. The extra work is worth it.Plus it makes changing strings a fast thing.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I say Grover, I personally hate locking tuners.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
The spertzal lockers are a bit expensive. The grover lockers I bought recently were 40 bucks. But which tuner is best is pure opinion. I have gotoh, grover, and spertzel tuners on different guitars. They all do their job very well.
Quote by oneblackened
But don't use a non-locking tuner on a trem guitar (not a double locking), 'cause you'll run into trouble with tuning.

i dunno about that... it makes tuning much quicker, but if you're any good at stringing, the tuning should be ok i'd have thought.

Quote by Tackleberry
I have gotoh, grover, and spertzel tuners on different guitars. They all do their job very well.

+1, i don't have any complaints with any of them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno about that... it makes tuning much quicker, but if you're any good at stringing, the tuning should be ok i'd have thought.

+1, i don't have any complaints with any of them.

I mean Steve Vai/ Herman Li type stuff on a strat or wilkinson trem. you're REALLY gonna need locking tuners for that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i disagree that you need them. they won't hurt certainly, but if you're good at restringing it shouldn't make all that much difference.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not a bad thing to have, regardless. Maybe unnecessary, but not a bad thing to have.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
yeah.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?