OK, i hope this is the right forum to post this in, if not, please direct me to the right one

me and a friend i jam with have our first little gig kinda thing next month. we only have our two guitars, and the covers we want to play have drums and bass too obviously..so ive chosen some easy covers for now, and ill play the track and we'll just play along...

here is the setlist ive come up with...what do you think??

de_FUSE – original
New song(untitled as of yet) - original
Shut Me Up – Mindless Self Indulgence
The Everlasting Darkness – original
Inferno – original
American Idiot – Green Day
Rage – original
(Into the)Unknown – original
Think Fast! – original
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
seeing how most are originals that most of us probably haven't listened to it's hard to say. take american idiot off of there, unless that's what you're into.
depending on where you live.
and popular demand....
i would not do a show with american idiot.
unless it happens to be a show of 13 year old girls.
people are going to hate you for it
disasterpiece
Quote by xdirgeinfernox
depending on where you live.
and popular demand....
i would not do a show with american idiot.
unless it happens to be a show of 13 year old girls.
people are going to hate you for it

funny you should mention that. its for one of my best friends (whose a girl) 14th birthday party.

Quote by cornmancer
I wouldn't play American Idiot. As someone said, if you want to be taken seriously by anyone who's actually hit puberty, don't do it!!! Maybe as its for some kids birthday though, might be ok...

(bear in mind this is coming from someone whos band played an MCR song at their first gig CRINGE actually went down weirdly well)
Quote by dyno11
(bear in mind this is coming from someone whos band played an MCR song at their first gig CRINGE actually went down weirdly well)

nothing wrong with MCR i was thinking of playing Dead! but i dont have enough time to teach it to the other guy as well as American Idiot AND Shut me up...

i forgot to mention. i have recorded myself playing this song to send to my friend, cos she wanted to hear me play, and she made no complaints about the song...i picked it cos everyone knows it, y'know?

Quote by cornmancer
Yeah well in that case it's fair enough - you're right, everyone knows it and if your friend made no complaint then hopefully it'll be fine. But if you ever play any other gigs where you don't personally know the people, if I were you I'd cut it and do something else if you want to be taken seriously.

I actually quite like MCR (to my eternal shame - i'm no emo, btw), but I once went to a gig where the support band played I'm Not Okay and everyone walked out so I've been kind of wary of it since then. We played an album track at our gig (and didn't say who it was by, just that it was a cover) as we figured that way the only people who would know it was MCR were people who owned the album anyway so they probably liked the band.

Yeah ok that was a random off-subject thing, sorry :P
lol nothing to apologise for i like a good story now and again and im also no emo, but MCR are very good...i went to see them last november dont have to be an emo to like MCR...and i dont plan to play AI to anyone who i dont know, i probably play MSI (maybe) and possibly some avenged sevenfold, but right now, i want a song that people know, so i chose AI

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by dyno11
Avenged Sevenfold = awesome.

you said it

Quote by cornmancer
Tip: for your next gig get some rid of the backing track and get drummers and all o' that.

Or you could become the next flight of the concords

but since its only a b-day party... no worries
UPDATE: i have decided to scrap american idiot, and go for she's a rebel now...is this a good decision ?

Quote by cornmancer
Play whatever they like and you can play well. This is a tough thing to give advice on unless you give a biography of each person playing and attending, but dont bother because I wont read that **** anyway.