I've seen some people spray the back of a glossy neck to make it matt.
Anybody know which spray?
I'm thinking of buying this guitar, it's perfect in everything but the glossy neck.
Uhm... why not get a glossy neck? And if you would really like t o change it, sand off the gloss straight to the wood and use tung oil. It gives just about the fastest neck I have ever used.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
Uhm... why not get a glossy neck? And if you would really like t o change it, sand off the gloss straight to the wood and use tung oil. It gives just about the fastest neck I have ever used.

Can it really works?
Quote by hminh87
Can it really works?

lol wtf?? Can WHAT really work?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
hahaha!!
yeah I don't get what the hell this guy is saying. I think he doesn't understand english really well.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
or just the definitions.

Gloss: a highly reflexive finish that really shines.
Matte: more of a function finish then a stylish finish. it is smoother and easier to play, i prefer it.
Ok.. there seem to be some missunderstanding here due my crappy english.

Here's what I mean with 'matt finish' neck:

It's a Schecter C-1 Plus. The back of the neck is originally glossy. I'm sure it's some kind of spray but don't know which one.

I was asking about sanding the glossy surface off the back of the neck. The 's' was a typo. Jezz... cut me a slack...

Gloss neck = sticky = me no likes.
Last edited by hminh87 at May 17, 2008,
Quote by hminh87
Ok.. there seem to be some missunderstanding here due my crappy english.

Here's what I mean with 'matt finish' neck:

It's a Schecter C-1 Plus. The back of the neck is originally glossy. I'm sure it's some kind of spray but don't know which one.

I was asking about sanding the glossy surface off the back of the neck. The 's' was a typo. Jezz... cut me a slack...

Gloss neck = sticky = me no likes.
Absolutely! I'd use the highest grit of sandpaper and very lightly sand. Some prefer to use steel wool but I've read that some can get stuck in finish ... friction softens the finish, etc. Sandpaper is simpler.

You dont need to spray it with anything. Really fine grade sandpaper will make gloss into matte fairly easy. Your just taking off the polished layer not trying to sand it down to the wood.