which is better? i've heard alot about high end epiphones are better than low-end gibsons, so is an Epi LP Custom good?
O O

___
Epi Standard.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by zapparage
Epi Standard.
This.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you want a comparable Epi to the Gibson Studio try an Elitist model! A little cheaper than the Studio but made with top notch materials. While there's nothing wrong with a standard Epi, it's made in China not Japan as is the Elitist and the pickups & hardware on the Elitist are also a step above the EPi standard line. The only problem is Elitists usually have to be ordered in. If you see one give it a try.
Quote by Ippon
While you're waiting for peeps to chime in, check out: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2341878

+1

In fact, this EXACT thread was just done. I almost thought this was that previous thread until I noticed it has about 90 fewer posts.

EDIT: Typo.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
I'd go for the Custom.

In fact, I already did, because I have one.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Epi Custom with the spare money left over spent on upgrades > Gibson Studio
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i would try out several customs because if you get lucky, you can one a custom thats waaay better then the gibby studio
*yawn*
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Dude just go play them and decide for yourself...why do people ask these questions everyday. I mean do you really plan on spending 600+ without trying out all the options in that price range?
well maybe... just MAYBE i don't have any stores that have any Gibsons except for about a 2:00 drive from my house, and i'm only 15. one store has some Epiphones, but all they have is the standard and a studio. so i'm trying to get some opinions, douche!
O O

___
Hey Guy No need to flame.. he was merely pointing out that Trying out a Guitar would be better than taking suggestions from people on a forum.. its like on Paper it maybe good But On Hands on Experience hell some cheaper guitars maybe be better than there expensive counter parts... if you must have I must personally have the choice and your out of luck Guitar Store Wise I would choose the LP Custom or Elitist.. I have heard that Studios are Iffy in Quality..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
I would get the Studio over a Custom ANY day, as Chinese Epiphones do not match up to American Gibsons. Now if This was an Elitist Epiphone, its a different story.
Quote by FRDesign
I would get the Studio over a Custom ANY day, as Chinese Epiphones do not match up to American Gibsons. Now if This was an Elitist Epiphone, its a different story.

that's what i'd have thought, but i haven't tried any epiphones for ages, so best take what i say with a pinch of salt, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?