Guys..i'm having a problem..there's a brown patch on the gibson logo on my guitar head..well..i bought this second hand and the dude who sold it to me said that it was because of a capo being left there when it wasn't in use..i tried using guitar polish to try to get it off, but it failed..anyone who can help me..? Or any suggestions..? Its kinda disturbing me in a way..i like to see my guitars clean..i've attached the picture of it as well..pls hav a look..
Attachments:
image005.jpg
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Standard

American Fender Deluxe 70's Vintage

Korg Toneworks AX3000G

Jim Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Peavey Amp (house)/Marshall MG15dfx (school)
But won't the Gibson logo will be damaged as well if sand paper is used..?
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Standard

American Fender Deluxe 70's Vintage

Korg Toneworks AX3000G

Jim Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Peavey Amp (house)/Marshall MG15dfx (school)
maybe not because the logo is inlayed i think so it goes down a certain depth, but you have to use super fine sandpaper
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
use chocolate as a adbrassive it might work
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
It looks like, as earlier stated, it's inlayed so using a like 800 grit sandpaper could help. I just don't understand why everyone freaks out over their guitars and basses looking spotless.
The logo itself is buried under several coats of clear. So it would take some serious sanding to screw up the logo. You can use some really fine sand paper to get rid of the stain then would need to polish the clear again.
Quote by Tackleberry
The logo itself is buried under several coats of clear. So it would take some serious sanding to screw up the logo. You can use some really fine sand paper to get rid of the stain then would need to polish the clear again.

Yeah.

The rubber probably just stained the clear coat. Some kinds of rubber can stain through nitro-cellulose finishes.
Not only that, but the logo is an inlay. You woould have to do some serious material removal you mess it up.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.