Back in the good old days, I remember Kerrang! as a Metal/Rock/Punk radio station/Magazine that had decent bands of the day, and appealed to the moar hardcore minority amirite?

So today i find that my freeview has kerrang radio, i stick it on, and elliot minor comes blasting out..? so i'm thinking i'll wait it out - obvious bad timing was obvious, right? wrong! pidgeon detectives followed!

I haven't bought or listened to it for a few years, but what the captain crunch happened here?
Yo Homes, To Belair
I suppose they realised that more mainstrream rock is now more popular, its just a trend thing. Personally i never really watched kerrang.
Its now full of fail. FOB, MCR, Sum 41, the Offspring, Blink 182 and Elliot Minor rule the airwaves.
Dear god Elliot Minor are awful. Its like the only only scale they know is the major scale.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Its now full of fail. FOB, MCR, Sum 41, the Offspring, Blink 182 and Elliot Minor rule the airwaves.
Dear god Elliot Minor are awful. Its like the only only scale they know is the major scale.

hahha yea, god damn keyboardist sliding up hand up and down those keys...
Quote by Mr.Kvx10
hahha yea, god damn keyboardist sliding up hand up and down those keys...

And they can't come up with an original melody to save their lives <_>
/rant.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by 6Slay6tanic6
Smash hits bought them out i heard...

Yeah or something like Magic tv channels haha.

Yeah i remember when they had stuff like Pantera, Metallica, Slipknot, Slayer playing like every day! Now there playing **** like avril lavigne's new stuff, or FOB and loads of ****ing CRAP mainstream indie!

Dude..
Quote by thegreenmile
sod kerrang get metal hammer its better!

That's like saying being stabbed with a yellow pitchfork is better than being stabbed with a green pitchfork.

Kerrang is a huge pile of shit. They cover what happens to be most popular at the time, and generally pick one band and shove the entire writing staff up their arse for a year.

They also seem to think Slayer are good, which is just plain wrong.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I remember Kerrang when it was just a magazine. It was sh*t then, it's sh*t now, and if you must buy it, remember to take the staples out before you wipe your butt with it.
Quote by Minkaro
Lol. I've only ever seen them playing the silly alternative rock bands that make silly attempts at random videos.

Well I actually haven't watched it for a while but for me it is still better than Kerrang.
Yeah, a good while ago they'd show stuff like Metallica and The Sex Pistols and now they show FOB and Elliot Minor.
I had to youtube Elliot Minor to see what the fuss was about. It's still playing.

*Takes out gun-- Shoots self in head*
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by Epic Noob
Back in the good old days, I remember Kerrang! as a Metal/Rock/Punk radio station/Magazine that had decent bands of the day, and appealed to the moar hardcore minority amirite?

So today i find that my freeview has kerrang radio, i stick it on, and elliot minor comes blasting out..? so i'm thinking i'll wait it out - obvious bad timing was obvious, right? wrong! pidgeon detectives followed!

I haven't bought or listened to it for a few years, but what the captain crunch happened here?

where have you been for the last few years. i got sh!t when emo emerged its ugly ugly face. then indie, hardcore and all its retarded sisters, grindcore, deathcore, horrorcore etc all followed closly behind. now all they have is the occasional article on dimebag or metallica to celebrate an anniversary.

EDIT: i just remebered this one time, i was at a friends house, flickin through the music channels at like 4 in the morning, and on kerrang, dream thatre was on, i was like "aww class". next song, bring the noise by public enemy, gettin better. then metallica, and that was followed by Down. i've never been so proud of kerrang in my life. i creamed.. just a little bit
Last edited by Azwethinkwedo at May 17, 2008,
It's been verging towards emo/indie for a few years and now they're fully absorbed in it. It's such a shame, because they started off as a metal/hard rock/real punk mag, and have just become so mainstream and dull.

It's where the money is, unfortunately, K! now sponsor Download Festival which is probably why it's got worse as a festival, too.

We still have Hammer. \m/
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
where have you been for the last few years. i got sh!t when emo emerged its ugly ugly face. then indie, hardcore and all its retarded sisters, grindcore, deathcore, horrorcore etc all followed closly behind. now all they have is the occasional article on dimebag or metallica to celebrate an anniversary.

Fuck off. REAL hardcore has been around since the late 70's. Grind appeared early 80's and there is no much thing as horrorcore.

I bet you couldn't even name one real band in each of those genres anyway.
Quote by Craigo
Fuck off. REAL hardcore has been around since the late 70's. Grind appeared early 80's and there is no much thing as horrorcore.

I bet you couldn't even name one real band in each of those genres anyway.

Craigo > him.

Horrorcore? I mean what?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Azwethinkwedo

EDIT: i just remebered this one time, i was at a friends house, flickin through the music channels at like 4 in the morning, and on kerrang, dream thatre was on, i was like "aww class". next song, bring the noise by public enemy, gettin better. then metallica, and that was followed by Down. i've never been so proud of kerrang in my life. i creamed.. just a little bit

I was home zapping through the channels once, and when I came to MTV (I only have like 20 channels) they played Raining Blood!!

I was stunned, but they cut it of halfway.
Elliot minor is from near where I live- and i frickin' hate them... it's absolute ****e! give me a cat, some fignernails and a chalk board, and i could make a band as good as elliot minor.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Kerrang turned **** once upon a time.. think it was when they started playing rap music, nowadays it's for little emo girls
Guitars gear
Fender Nashville Telecaster
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects