I have a fender STARcaster. which is like a squier strat.

But i want another guitar in the future...maybe in like 4 months, and i like the shape of the strat, and i like eric clapton tones (and he uses a stratocaster) as well as many other stratocaster users.

Should I get this stratocaster http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Deluxe-Player-s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-511597-i1147164.gc

Im afraid it would be the same thing. Will it sound and feel a bit different from the starcaster?
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
only one way to know it...use it
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
That would be a tep up from a Starcaster, indeed. But for the love of god, try it out first, along with as money other guitars in your price range as you can find.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
That would be a tep up from a Starcaster, indeed. But for the love of god, try it out first, along with as money other guitars in your price range as you can find.

of course i will try it, but im just wondering if it will be good for me.

I wouldn't not try a guitar before i buy it...
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
yea, thats a MAJOR improvement but as ichimaru said, try out different guitars or just different strats and see what you like first
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
hmm. if i were you i'd go for a MIM or a Highway 1, but you'll just have to try em out. it's what you prefer (and can afford)
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Quote by Ichimaru

+1

there are A LOT of guitars in your price range. and yeah try it.

EDIT: you want to make sure you don't get the same starcaster-like guitar? try it out dammit.
im just trying to get a direction on what to try.

So the Deluxe Strat would be way better than star and good for eric clapton and cream?
For cream, I'd suggest a guitar with a humbucker in the neck. HSH, maybe.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Rounder01
I have a fender STARcaster. which is like a squier strat.

But i want another guitar in the future...maybe in like 4 months, and i like the shape of the strat, and i like eric clapton tones (and he uses a stratocaster) as well as many other stratocaster users.

Should I get this stratocaster http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Deluxe-Player-s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-511597-i1147164.gc

Im afraid it would be the same thing. Will it sound and feel a bit different from the starcaster?
well personally i love love strats as well and you get what you pay for with them and i don't know how much starcasters are but squeirs are definitly not as good as a fender strat since thats what you comparwed your guitar to if you like the sound of a strat go for it
i've got a metallic blue mexican stratocaster and a fender frontman 15G amp
I think the Deluxe Player's is good; tried one at GC and liked it. Dunno about HSH configuration though. You could buy that and then like...get a new pickguard suited for HSH or something?