If you had a choice between M-AUDIO BX5As or Alesis 520s, which would you get?

I'm not after suggestions of other monitors, just which of these two I should go for
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Last edited by tabber666 at May 17, 2008,
M-audio makes some great monitors, I would go with the BX5As

I've never heard the m-audios but did get to hear the Alesis at GC a while ago.
The m-audios did lack bass but as said below, once you get used to how they sound you start to change the way you mix the final tracks. On the other hand, if you really like a lot of bass out of your monitors the Alesis would be the way to go.
Last edited by moody07747 at May 17, 2008,
It seems like you guys might be suggesting M-Audio because they are M-Audio?

I have just read reviews for both and apparently the M-Audio's have VERY little bass response? Bass is essentially what I need them for. All the reviews on the 502s say the Bass response is good. So I still don't know which to go for!

I can't go and try any out and I've have been offered a great deal on the M-Audio's (Cheaper than the 502s) but I will go for the 502s if the bass is better.
My Gear:

Speaking as someone who owns the BX5a's, they certainly do lack in a good bass response, but they are useable if you take some time and learn how they translate to other sources.

That said, I'd probably go for the Alesis, the BX5's are fairly lackluster overall, and just don't sound great.
Thanks for all the advise.... went against pretty much everybody and got the 520s
My Gear: