i want a practice amp that wont get my kicked out of my appartment, my laney halfstack is killing the neighbors appearently. so i was thinking about a microcube or a pignose, what does UG think? (my budget is up to $150)
thanks in advance
HiMyNameIsMatt
microcube is your best option. that or the vox AD depending on the music you play.
i hear the new cube 20x or 30x are really cool and im thinking of getting one
The Microcube is just about the best portable amp you can get.

It's very cool.

However, I find the tone of the thing is only alright. If you need to be able to play without being tethered to a power cord, get the microcube. Otherwise, I'd go for a Fender FM15 DSP. Pretty much has the same sort of effects as the microcube, but has better distortion and tone.
Quote by Gargantuan
Is there a volume knob on your Laney Halfstack?

there are so many knobs and three channels. but there is a overall volume knob
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by AA00P
The Microcube is just about the best portable amp you can get.

It's very cool.

However, I find the tone of the thing is only alright. If you need to be able to play without being tethered to a power cord, get the microcube. Otherwise, I'd go for a Fender FM15 DSP. Pretty much has the same sort of effects as the microcube, but has better distortion and tone.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there, my friend has a fm15 DSP and the distortion is unbearable
The rectifier setting on the microcube is much better.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by surge666
there are so many knobs and three channels. but there is a overall volume knob

Since you have a volume problem, a volume knob could be useful
Quote by Gargantuan
Since you have a volume problem, a volume knob could be useful

most of the stuff i play sounds better with the volume past 5 or so and high gain. and even with the amp on 2 and the pickups on about 3, its still realy loud
HiMyNameIsMatt
cubes are alright

they can get very loud and sound great.. for their extremely small size

I'm one of those pain in the ass tone-purists and I actually don't mind the sound out of the cubes.. wonderful practice amp.. easy to go wherever or just jam on the streets in your local town =]

I say get it, has all you need for practicing.. a good amount of amp models from acoustic and bluesy sounds to hard rock and metal, then a bunch of effects.. probably won't ever be used but still just in case.. and then reverb and delay which get the job done.. reverb sounds ok actually.
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
I'm going to have to disagree with you there, my friend has a fm15 DSP and the distortion is unbearable
The rectifier setting on the microcube is much better.

He must have a defective amp or something cause of the two, my FM is better than the microcube.

Unless my microcube is defective or something...
Quote by AA00P
He must have a defective amp or something cause of the two, my FM is better than the microcube.

And still you have a cool smilie next to the Cube, and a puke smilie next to the FM?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by AA00P

that's why you say in your sig that a crappy pedal makes your FM bearable..
judging by your gear you probably think this sounds good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T0nx8oTV90

jump to 2 minutes.
Quote by TechnicolorType

jump to 2 minutes.

You are such a prick that I might just bash myself over the head with a shovel. Was there really any need for that?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by TechnicolorType

jump to 2 minutes.

you are not one to be bashing sigs since you bear the mark of the GGnA nooblet gang
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you are not one to be bashing sigs since you bear the mark of the GGnA nooblet gang

I definitely agree with you. The joke was good for 1-2 pages, and there were some highlights after that, but in the end it was just boring...
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
And still you have a cool smilie next to the Cube, and a puke smilie next to the FM?

Yeah. It's a bit odd to explain. The microcube is nice and portable, and I don't use it for a main amp. I really only use it for vocals and stuff.

I use the Fender as a main amp, cause I don't have a good one. The Microcube gets the good emoticon in my sig for what I use it for, because it's more than adequate for portable amplification and vocals.
The Fender's a nice practice amp, but I need a good amp. Since I don't have one, I have to use the fender, thus getting it the puke emoticon (and the reason I mention the Boss pedal as making it bearable is cause the added distortion doesn't really make a huge difference, but it helps with the squeelies and lead).

Sorry this explanation's long winded.

Quote by TechnicolorType

jump to 2 minutes.

You're a dickhead.
I'm expressing my opinion in saying the Fender FM's better than the Microcube for distortion.