Hey

looking for a wah

It will be played through a fender blues junior - ibanez ts9 - (possibly a fuzz face) -guitar

I hear about the vox v847 but that hasn't got true bypass and apparently is very bad with distortion.

I play blues from things like muddy waters and john lee hooker through to srv and jimi hendrix.

Would the budda wah be better for what im after
Although I love my Vox, the budda would probably be a better idea.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you can get a Budda, you could probably get a Fulltone Clyde. The Standard is the exact same specs as the old Vox wah, which is what Jimi and SRV used, and the Deluxe is the Standard, but with two other wah modes.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
The Budda Wah is very nice, but personally I would get an RMC instead.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I know where i can get a budda for something like £90 and i cant find the fulltone anywhere for under £160.

Anyone know a place where i can try these out, im in england
Oright, the Budda would probably be the next best thing. You ought to try one out first, no idea where from.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
It's not a good idea to buy something without trying it is it?

Can it handle gain?

Is it good for what i play?
Quote by muddywaters51
It's not a good idea to buy something without trying it is it?

Can it handle gain?

Is it good for what i play?

It's not a good idea.

So don't ask, go find one.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
To me it sounds pretty similar to the vox, like a 'hi-fi' version of it almost. If you only want to spend £90 go with the Vox, they're well built and sound excellent for blues. The buffered bypass on them is fine, they really don't suck tone like people'd have you believe. Also, there's tons of easy mods for them online - true bypass being one of them.
Quote by kyle62
To me it sounds pretty similar to the vox, like a 'hi-fi' version of it almost. If you only want to spend £90 go with the Vox, they're well built and sound excellent for blues. The buffered bypass on them is fine, they really don't suck tone like people'd have you believe. Also, there's tons of easy mods for them online - true bypass being one of them.

ok, but I've found a budda for £90
if youre using fuzz, you might want to look into an rmc, maybe rmc2, they have a fuzz friendly circuit so theres no unwanted noise
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by muddywaters51
ok, but I've found a budda for £90

Corrr, where?
try a morley power wah
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by hans the lefty
try a morley power wah

That and the Budda wah are in a totally different league IMO.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.