So, today I had my amp louder then normal (normal being in bedroom, amp at 3 - 4), at around 4 to 5, sometime 6, as I was playing with a friend.

I also used his Jackhammer's overdrive to help add some gain to any lead playing.

All was good, apart from the amount of treble. Even without the jackhammer, and amp gain on full, it was just too much. I even had tone and treble down at zero (and different levels of bass and mids, I covered it all).
Chords were all fine, cleans were fine, but any form of gain, amp or not, was just too trebly, but it wasn't bad. It was bad when the treble was taken away.

So I ask, is there anything I can do? The amount of treble (without the pedal, and with) here seems excessive.
Is my guitar causing this? Is the amp really this trebly (I know it is meant to be, but still), even blues-y sounds are way too trebly for me.
Is the amp not loud enough? - the sound didn't improve much at 6 and 7.
Remember, it's just any lead playing, so maybe it'll sound better in a band situation?
Or is it just me?

Apart from this, a very fantastic amp.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
This is somewhat speculative, but try turning your amp's gain down some. It most likely doesn't need to be turned up all the way and it might get rid of some of the harsh treble.
Try putting the bass or resonance (if the amp has it) up?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I varied the amp's drive from 5 to around 8. If I has the amp louder it would work, but I mainly has the volume at 4 for obvious reasons, so I turned up the drive, or turned it down and used the jackhammer's OD.

And I did turn the bass up a bit, but too much, so maybe a bit (or lot) more bass would work. It could be the room making the treble more obvious :P.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by jof1029

EQ AT DIFFERENT VOLUMES (a bit of audio theory, don't read if you don't like complex stuff)

Take a look at this graph

What is it? It is an equal loudness contour. Our ear hears different frequencies differently. Each line is what spl level (loudness) is needed at each frequency to get an equal or flat frequency response in our ears. As you can see, it is extremely hard to reproduce lower frequencies (hence why bassists all have rigs of doom) and extremely easy to reproduce midrange/upper midrange frequencies.

However, if you look at the graph, you'll notice that as we get louder, the frequency response of the ear gets flatter.

What does this mean? As you turn up your amp to get the same tone as when it is quiet you'll have to compensate by turning up your mids and possibly treble. This makes the mid scoop a really bad idea.

This may help a bit.
^ it does slightly. So turning up my amp more should reduce the treble more?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Apparently. Though personally I've always found it does the opposite. It does make your EQ more responsive though. To see the full article, check the Ultimate Settings Thread.
Ah OK. I guess I'll have to keep playing around.
I should be getting a good opportunity to play the amp as loud as I want, so that'll be good.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO