Hey I'm buying a strat body from warmoth, and they're letting me define the routing on the body. Going with S/S/S, vintage hardtail, but I'm not sure what dimensions they're referring to for the input jack. Is that the depth it's recessed into the body? Any real reason to pick a deep recession over a shallower one?
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
That's not an option, they're just giving me numeric values, I think 1/4", 1/2", 3/4".
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
There are different styles of jacks you can use. The traditional strat is the one on the front. Warmoth you can get the side jack. One style uses a oval "football" to hold the jack or the square plate like on a LP. It takes a larger hole for the jack used. The other styles use a different hole. The deep one doesnt use a plate so the hole is different. And there is the tele electrosocket style. If you look at their jacks you will see the difference.