every time i use the whammy bar to raise the pitch i seem to pop a string out of the tremolo

i have a FR where you cut off the ball then use the locking thingys on the back to put it in

i have no problems doing extremly heavy string bends though any reason for this?
" i saw these 2 girls kiss and i i got all horny and stuff"
I used to have that problem, be sure when your using the tremolo that all the screws are tightened and equal to the fretboard, when you tilt your guitar to the side the tremolo should be floating equally to the fretboard, if not open the back casing and either tighten or loosen the screws, depending on how low/high your tremolo is. if its still not the case, whenever you cut the ball bearings off, only cut the BALL off, not the wrapped string underneath the ball, thats the part that should be in between and clamped. what gauge strings are you using by the way?

can you explain the ball thing a bit more in detail i may have missed something important
Quote by tmc_adio07
whenever you cut the ball bearings off, only cut the BALL off, not the wrapped string underneath the ball, thats the part that should be in between and clamped. what gauge strings are you using by the way?

I have never heard of doing that. Where did you learn that trick???? I leave the ball end at the tuner.
Anyway, I had the same problem on of of my LFRs. Turned out there was a peice of broken string in side the cavity where the string meets the string block. Take the allan ket out all the way so the string block comes out. clean the sttring block and gently clean the cavity where the block rests. Then restring and put good tension on the allan. That should do it.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by fuzzyDXMG
I have never heard of doing that. Where did you learn that trick???? I leave the ball end at the tuner.
Anyway, I had the same problem on of of my LFRs. Turned out there was a peice of broken string in side the cavity where the string meets the string block. Take the allan ket out all the way so the string block comes out. clean the sttring block and gently clean the cavity where the block rests. Then restring and put good tension on the allan. That should do it.

i cleaned it out before i changed the strings
exactly which floyd do you have. Pic if possible
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
a Jackson LFR the kind on a DK2 pro dinky
JT580lp. maybe your just not putting enough tension on the string block. Dont murder it though, they CAN strip out. Do you really live in Valhalla (thats a town in ny that I lived in for 12 years)
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
not really lol i just like norse mythology i was drunk wwhen i made this profile though