I've been in the market for a bass wah recently, and I've heard that the Ibanez Weeping demon is actually a great pedal for bass. Originally, I was thinking about getting the Dunlop Crybaby 105Q, but I've heard that it's got crappy bypass and major tonesuck. How does the Ibanez hold up as a wah pedal for bass? Have any of you guys tried it out? Thanks,

Copious
i have one, but ive never played a bass through it...
there is a range switch on it going from normal to low, so im guessing the low range is specifically for bass; but its a good pedal for guitar
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by Copius
I've been in the market for a bass wah recently, and I've heard that the Ibanez Weeping demon is actually a great pedal for bass. Originally, I was thinking about getting the Dunlop Crybaby 105Q, but I've heard that it's got crappy bypass and major tonesuck. How does the Ibanez hold up as a wah pedal for bass? Have any of you guys tried it out? Thanks,

Copious

I think the Crybaby your thinking about is the Crybaby bass, different from the 105Q. The former has all the things you were talking about. The 105Q, however, fixes those problems, via volume controls etc. One of the problems you may find with it is that it automatically will turn off when you take your foot off. This isn't always a bad thing though.
i can highly recommend the weeping demon in bass modus! it's in my standard live equipment and it sounds really good to get a deep and funky wah. just have to set the settings as it's described in the manual!
Quote by IndianRockStar
I think the Crybaby your thinking about is the Crybaby bass, different from the 105Q. The former has all the things you were talking about. The 105Q, however, fixes those problems, via volume controls etc. One of the problems you may find with it is that it automatically will turn off when you take your foot off. This isn't always a bad thing though.

Really? I could swear I had heard all those things about the 105Q. I guess the best way is probably just to head down to GC and test 'em both out...