Im making my first guitar. I ordered the body and the neck from separate places online, and i cant quite figure out how to attach them together. I know i need to bolt on the neck, but the neck doesnt have any holes or anything. Do i need to drill them? or did i order the wrong type of neck??
Yes you need to drill them. Make sure you put them in the right spot or else the intonation will be messed up.

And, I'm not trying to be a dick here... but if you didn't know that you probably don't know enough to make a whole guitar... try getting a book to help you.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
pic of neck please
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
You don't need a picture. If you want to bolt on a neck, you drill holes.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Wow thats really helpful... Guitarrox the best thing to do is drill your holes. If the body already has holes, then place the neck in the pocket at the right spot, and mark where you need to drill.

To make sure the neck is in the right place, make sure the distance from the nut - 12th fret and the saddles - twelfth fret are the same.

Clamp the neck in place, mark the place to drill the neck by putting a punch or something through the holes in the body and then drill the holes in the neck.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Guitarrox14
does anyone know a website that can tell me exactly where to drill the holes?
By this, it sounds like the body doesn't have the holes drilled? This makes it easy ... clamp the neck to the body and drill.

If the body comes pre-drilled, clamp them together and use the holes to drill through the neck.

what if he bought a set neck thats why i was asking
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
well if the neck has a full heel that it doesn't matter.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
There is no set place to drill the holes. They vary a little frorm company to company even can vary at the same company. So its good they didnt drill the holes. But clamping then marking is the best way just dont drill thru the fret board.