hey, I wanna make one of these crazy videos, not necessarily for a show (because I don't play them yet) but maybe for a party or something with music that id throw/ dj. I just got my hands on a projector so i figured what the hell. I have video editing software, I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of source material bands use for this stuff? is it just totally random? can i find videos like this on bit torrent
Last edited by blackmajik2021 at May 18, 2008,
what forum would you suggest i put this in? it doesn't really matter what genre of music. lots of bands use them. where they show clips of weird movies and stuff that looks like different colors of things under microscopes. not visualizations like milk drop or anything im talking about old film footage and stuff.
Be creative, like the bands doing this?

Go out with a camera for several hours urban exploring. Do a lot of really close up stuff. Tape while in a car, on a skateboard, on a bike, on someone's back. Climb stuff and get weird angles of weird stuff.

Take a good part of that and put it in really strong hues or black and white. Make some of it backwards. Make it all as gritty as possible.

You ask us what kind of source material they use, as if you can't see it as well as we can. Moron.
Quote by Spazz128735

You ask us what kind of source material they use, as if you can't see it as well as we can. Moron.

That was a little harsh, don't you think? I think the TS was referring to any websites, etc, where you can get material to put in videos.

You f*cking moron.
Quote by Froggy McHop
That was a little harsh, don't you think? I think the TS was referring to any websites, etc, where you can get material to put in videos.

You f*cking moron.

Award for most useful post of the year.

Get it from everywhere. People that use samples in their music get them from tv, audiobooks, other songs, the internet, actual sound effect CDs, movies, radio, speeches, lectures, dishwashers, coffee machines, cars, etc. Look everywhere for video. There is no specific source that people go to. Use everthing you can get your hands on.
Last edited by Spazz128735 at May 18, 2008,
While I may have insulted him, I also when a long way towards answering his question. While you may have defended him, you've not helped him at all.
Quote by Spazz128735
While I may have insulted him, I also when a long way towards answering his question. While you may have defended him, you've not helped him at all.

Not necessarily, I thought you had misunderstood him, and said: "I think the TS was referring to any websites, etc, where you can get material to put in videos." You may have realised this, and thought "Oh yeah, I know a website like that."

However, I was clearly mistaken judging by your response.

And it was never my intention to help the TS, the main objective of my post was to have a go at you for insulting someone without good reason.

Anyway, neither of us are helping him now, so let's just leave it.
Calm down girls,

If you want insperation look at Pink Floyd Pulse, very good dvd and had a video streaming at the back. Steal, take, whatever, or you could use the music videos for the songs your using.
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4