someone tells you to "play a little bit of guitar" so they know you can play it.few chords?or some impressive arpeggios?i play acoustic BTW
I play them the vietcong theme.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Play what you always play? It shouldn't be about showing off anyways.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Soul To Squeeze or Under Bridge. They're nice chord progressions that look rather impressive.
Just play something everyone will know.

Under The Bridge is a good suggestion.
The.
Last edited by IHATECHILDREN at May 17, 2008,
If someone asked me to, I might play something. If someone TOLD me to play something, I'd tell them to f*ck off.
Play Melissa by The Allman Brothers Band....
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I'd probably pick it up, then play a random riff or something, then launch into a song.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
what I always seem to play when I have an acoustic in my hand....Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
through the fire and flames.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by goth clash
Play Melissa by The Allman Brothers Band....

This.

or Little Martha.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
I never know what to play ha but if they aren't a guitar player themselves, it probably wouldn't be the hardest thing to impress them with something you know well enough to pull off
Quote by Craigo
Check tuning on the 5-0 method, strum a few chords to a song, then stop to try playing something more proper.

This exact thing
If you`re on a electric. Play something from Rage Against the Machine (Bulls on Parade kicks ass) Sometimes some thing for System of a Down (Toxicity, B.Y.O.B although I can`t play that perfect) Muse - Plug In Baby or Assassin or something, Audioslave has also some good songs. Or I just play as fast as I can an Em-scale up and down.
Acoustic: Kansas - Dust in the Wind, or some chords (C - Am - Em - D or something)
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would play Stone Sour's Bother, sounds amazing acoustic.

Win, I'll suggest Through Glass too. Then melt their faces with a 250bpm sweeping solo that'll make even nuns want to nibble yo' gigglestick.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
tribute to dee

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
probably michelle, now that I'm actually sitting down and learning it. that walking baseline lick at the beginning is just orgasmic. that's one song that I'll actually sing to, even though my voice sucks, just so that the song feels complete.
play something people can recognize and enjoy.

most people won't know **** about arpeggios and the mixolydian scale.

When I play acoustic (rarely) I'll play something like lucy in the sky with diamonds fingerstyle, with the treble being the vocal line and the bass being the guitar/bass parts.