with a trem system, non locking floyd rose, or should i get an HSS style strat with a trem system, i play:

RHCP (and John Froosh)
Aerosmith
GUns n roses
Breaking Benajmen
Van Halen
Nirvana
How about an MIM Strat?
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
^yeah mexi strats are great. i miss mine. i cry everyday because we are appart.

+ unless you have a huge bias, dont get a floyd. they're a HUGE pain in the ass. + you can make a fender trem float if set up properly.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I say get a MIM Fat Strat. Maybe replace the bridge bucker with something a little hotter, and you should be okay. And for proof that a Fender trem can do big wobbles and dives, check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAG-kX_IlUw
SRV doing Little Wing very well, with some crazy whammy parts near the end. Pretty much getting the same range as an FR in most cases.
Quote by Eric 666

Some people should do their research.

My thoughts precisely.
Now it's 1984
Quote by Eric 666
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-FR-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517910

Fender Standard Strat (Made in Mexico) FLOYD ROSE.

Some people should do their research.

i Know!!!!!!! I had one of these!!! I was like Fok??? Did I hallucinate that memory??
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
what do you mean by "non-locking floyd rose"?

godin are probably worth a look...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what do you mean by "non-locking floyd rose"?

godin are probably worth a look...

They do make non-locking Floyds, but I suspect that the TS said "non-locking Floyds" because he has no idea what he's doing, not because he actually wanted a non locking Floyd.
Now it's 1984
^good question, Dave. What IS a non-locking floyd? I'd guess the closest thing is a wilkinson with a trem nut/graphite nut, locking tuners, and a pair of roller string trees.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by diditfortehlulz
They do make non-locking Floyds, but I suspect that the TS said "non-locking Floyds" because he has no idea what he's doing, not because he actually wanted a non locking Floyd.

yeah, that's what i'm thinking...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, that's what i'm thinking...

I know, right?

I don't see the point of a non-locking one, though. If you ask me, it's like guys having tits. What's up with that, man? They're like movie props.
Now it's 1984
o_O
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
o_O

I probably could have found a better analogy, huh?
Now it's 1984
indeed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?