hey you might remember me, im after a fretless to back up my Jazz.

liking a vintage, but then i saw this

its only £65 ($130) shipped, and it looks the ****.

so, POS or cant go wrong?

opinions would be awesome

thanks again, bass peoples,

Steve.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I wouldn't trust it. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Personally never heard of Swift.
I've used no-names before and they held pretty well, but then sometimes they fall apart by looking at them too hard.

If you have the extra cash to throw around, it might be worth it. Don't be suprised if the pickups die or something simliar.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Quote by G-Rock
Personally never heard of Swift.
I've used no-names before and they held pretty well, but then sometimes they fall apart by looking at them too hard.

If you have the extra cash to throw around, it might be worth it. Don't be suprised if the pickups die or something simliar.

electronics arent a problem at all, i'd prolly swap them out anyway.

my first bass was a 17 YO copy and thats still going strong
dugadugadugaduga WEEEEEEERR WEEEEEEERRR oh dear lord that was annoying
I don't think it would be a good idea they look rather badly made imo but you never know, i have a no-name p bass which is grand.
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
Well, it's only $130...

I say buy it. If it sucks, it sucks. And chances are, it does.

But hey, you never know, right?
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Well, it's only $130...

I say buy it. If it sucks, it sucks. And chances are, it does.

But hey, you never know, right?

whats the worst that could happen? bad action? thats easily fixed. crap pups? i can sort that. poor intonation?

i do likes the look of a reliced vintage, but its over £100 more =/
rather than make i new thread, i thought i'd ask here

out of interest, how hard is it to defret a bass?
Apparently, it isn't too hard. You just needs lots of patience.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i have a swift fretless abg and in all fairness it's pretty good. it's no worse than any other abg that isn't a tacoma
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
whats the worst that could happen? bad action? thats easily fixed. crap pups? i can sort that. poor intonation?

i do likes the look of a reliced vintage, but its over £100 more =/

The worst thing that could happen is that it sounds like **** and you can do nothing about it. I mean it could be made of ****ty wood and it could be built horribly.
All of a sudden I can tell you the example of my first bass. I liked it very much and don't regret buying it because I learned the first few thing on it and most of the time I played it unplugged so I couldn't tell the difference
It was a Dimavery bass and as I said it served me quite well till I got a nicer rig for playing in a band. Than I experienced some problems. I thought pickup and electronics replacement would solve the situation but everybody told me that I shouldn't do it because it would still be a piece of crap and I would waste the price of the pups and the wires.
So I didn't do it, bought another bass sold that one etc.
Then I saw an ad on a used instrument site about a bass just like that (only different colour) with EMG's and active electronics. And the guy wanted to sell that for about the price of the pups. So he did what I didn't and apparently wasn't pleased with the result
Cause a badly constructed bass will not sound good even with the best pups/electronics/strings.
(I don't know what kind of wood it was made of but I suppose it was not the best available and the other thing: I could put a pick between the neck and the body -> the bolt-on neck had a 2mm distance from the body )
"When i've got the music
I've got a place to go"

Quote by watchingmefall
Goog luck killing everybody at VH1.

Member #37 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!