Poll: Which Amp
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Amp
Hartke gt60/100
3 75%
Ibanez tone blaster x 150
1 25%
Voters: 4.
Alright yes i know this is another "what amp thread" sorry. So im doing this huge gig like upwards of 3000 people im soo excited needless to say, and my line 6 spider is not gonna cut it for this. i need a half stack badly. Ive kindda narrowed it down to either the Hartke gt60/100 60/100w half stack or the ibanez tone blaster x 150w half stack. Im into the metal/rock/punk rock tones. I only got 500$ and i need a loud loud and for that music, i really want the half stack. Now i am thinking with either amp getting the new Ibanez tube king pedal, just realased this year to give me a good distortion. So with one do you guys think out of the two?

p.s. dont say neither cause i need one of them,

thanks scotty
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
where do you life? + you don't need a half-stack

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Just a thought but you might want to check around and see if you can rent a decent rig for the gig and save your money toward buying something really nice down the road.
Even though you dont want this answer, neither. If your worried about the volume, a venue of that size should have a PA you can mic up to.

For the tones your looking for, save up your money and get either a Valveking or the B-52 AT100(amazing amp, especially for the price)
could you just rent a valveking of B52 for th night?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Neither.
Don't get a half stack in your price range.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Another note, i would assume that there will be other bands playing this show, so just get in touch with them and see if you can borrow one of their amps. Most people are cool about stuff like that.
if you're playing to more than 3000 people then you will presumably have your amp mic'ed up and have decent on stage monitoring. so really, volume is not going to be a problem.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
In your sig you want to buy a peavey half stack. Why not buy a windsor, valveking, or a bugera head, and a 2x12 cab.
Quote by saltysnail
In your sig you want to buy a peavey half stack. Why not buy a windsor, valveking, or a bugera head, and a 2x12 cab.

+1
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
thanks everone, im gonna think bout renting the b52 cause i really like those. Are the peavey windsors any good? never eally thought of em
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']thanks everone, im gonna think bout renting the b52 cause i really like those. Are the peavey windsors any good? never eally thought of em

The windsors are basically a jcm800 copy. Its cleans are pretty non-existent though, unless you know how to work it.

Here's a clip
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wV2oeMLKPwQ