i've been playing for almost 10 months and i'm getting a new guitar. I play blues, classic rock, rock, alternative, and hard rock
i want something below $500 but i want it to have a tremolo arm
i;m leaning towards a fat strat
any ideas?
"We play it the way the air is in America today. The air is slightly static isn't it ? You know what I mean ? " -Jimi Hendrix
what amp do you have? what's your current guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What amp do you have? You can buy a small tube combo, and still have enough to install a Bigsby on your SG.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
i have a 20 watt raven and i love it. But yea i was thinking the mexican fat strat and a bigsby on my sg would be so kickass damn thats tough
"We play it the way the air is in America today. The air is slightly static isn't it ? You know what I mean ? " -Jimi Hendrix
i could get the bigsby and have no need for a strat too
Yeah, that would be better and cheaper.

How is the Raven? I've never heard of them before.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

raven amps dot com. i have the rg20 it's very versatile and is good for pedals $100 for the 20 watts, the one thing that still makes me want a strat is the thin neck
i haven't tried that raven, but assuming it's of similar quality to most starter practice amps, i'd split your budget and buy a new amp as well as guitar. something like a roland cube 30 or vox valvetronix ad15vt.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dont care about the amp, i'm just thinking about guitar
Tone comes from everywhere, but your amp is a bigger factor than your guitar. if you don't have an amp that is going to pick up the natural frequencies of your guitar: you might as well not get one. Amp upgrade first. You won't even hear a big tone difference if you still play through a bad amp. Not saying that its a bad amp- but you can only get so much out of a practice amp.
Well, he can wait to upgrade his tone when he gets out of the bedroom. I'd rather have a good guitar and a crappy tone if no one's there to say it sucks than have a great tone and no one to appreciate it.

That's me though.

I like the SG's neck, I find it to be a lot more comfortable than the Strat.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!