i'm trying to get into learning a bit about key modulation and i'd like to hear some songs that modulate keys, chances are i've heard quite a few but i just dont recognize the key change
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
where in the song is it? i'm not sure i could recognize it without knowing what im listening for...
-Phantom of the Opera, modulates between Dmi, and Bmi(i think), just moving a minor chord chromatically

-Interesting one I love: the sweeps from This Godless Endeavor by Nevermore, they come in at 7:09, Jeff Loomis goes from Ami-E7-G#mi-D#7, its hard to explain without looking at the tabs, because he uses a lot of common tones, ie, the major third of E, G#(also the 7th of Ami), becoming the new root

-I dont know an example of a song that uses this, but I use this progression all the time for jazz improv: Ima7-bIIIma7-IImi7, basically switching back and forth between the parallel major and minor keys, its a form of modulation, but probably not the kind youre talkinga bout
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
the Beatles have a ton of them

Wait jumps from minor to the relative major
While My Guitar Gently Weeps changes from the same minor into the same major in the chorus
If I Fell has the intro in Db minor and then somehow switches into D major
I really have no clue what its going whats going on in Strawberry Fields Forever

read up on http://www.icce.rug.nl/~soundscapes/DATABASES/AWP/awp-alphabet.shtml

edit: "Alice Cooper - Poison" modulates like 3 times just in the chorus
Last edited by seljer at May 17, 2008,
i just listened to poison, and i never realized how many key changes there were hahah... i'd like to know more about the theory behind key changes. like which ones sound good and stuff