Hi there to all the guiiitar fans like me! *a special riff for the f*cking metal fans!!*

So i have a prob! It´s like i hate the sound of my guitar! so developing the theme---

I have a squier strat with a amp squier sp.10 and a FAB distortion pedal by danelectro i love music and guitar and most of all metal lol so why i cannot get the same sound in covers i kwon that the fingers count and bla bla bla, but really there is so much awsome covers in the internet i just want to have fun to covering songs that i love!

so pleaseee help me out ok? *i think the prob its the amp *

Cumps to all of you!! please respond and sorry for my english, its not my motherlanguage
your gear sucks. You probably also need to work on playing in general.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
buddy u sound like u took a little to much ritalin. maybe u cant play because ur fingers are shaking so much.

but usually it is the amp, its nto good for gigs but consider getting a spyder 3 15, its good for practicing and has little set tones on there for u.
meh
It is your amp. Fingers do play a part, but the amp really comes first when talking about tone.

On a budget I would say try a POD or a Digitech RP x50, or if not on a budget... Try Mesa, Framus, Bogner, etc.

But no cheap amps. Cheap amps do not do justice to metal.
Last edited by The Atomic Ass at May 17, 2008,
Get a Line 6 Spider 3. Despite all the trash they get, they're great at low volumes. Plus, the presets will be a big help.
LOL what can i say?! i don´t do ritalin but nice try thou =) thanks for reply!!

keeeeeep rooooocking!!
dude i have exactly the same gear as you and IT SUCKS real hard.

do like me , save for some good amp and don't use some pedals on these little s***** amps
Quote by pedro.ataidee
dude i have exactly the same gear as you and IT SUCKS real hard.

do like me , save for some good amp and don't use some pedals on these little s***** amps

Thnks for rply i am getting the picture where is the prob----- anyway METALLICA KICKS ASSSSS!!!
Oh for god's sake, get a new amp. And the guitar isn't all that great either.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
squier strats suck for metal, thats your first problem, they can't handle high gain well, mainly cause of the single coil pickups, some single coils can handle higher gain but squiers...god no.

secondly, squier amp. no. you need a new amp. personally i'm not a big fan of line 6 but they do get the job done. line 6 has a wide variety of type of distortion and the built in effects are pretty cool. not a bad choice if you like a wide variety of music and the distortion on them are pretty sweet, good for metal.

distortion pedals arent that important. you have to have a solid tone coming from your amp and guitar first. if youre starting with crap, adding a distortion pedal won't make it better. crap plus effects and pedals equals more crap, remember that.

and of course your technique is extremely important. if you find a tone you like out of the gear youre working with and you still can't seem to have the songs sound right, then you just need to practice. and my friend there is nothing wrong with that.

So, my advice...

1. do research on amps that are good for metal and have nice distortion, chances are if it is for metal reviews will say the clean channel is weak but don;t worry that is common for many metal amps and if youre on a budget don't let negative remarks about a clean channel bother you if it has sick dostortion.

2. buy a better guitar, something with humbuckers, ibanez or schecter is a good economical choice

3. practice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-EOqSyH1sTQ

if the guitarists in Iron Maiden can rock the **** out with fender strats so can you, get a new amp.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Last edited by blues_man at May 17, 2008,
Your gear = sucks.

Just my opinion buut that maybe why?
Last edited by Graveworm at May 17, 2008,
Quote by i bleed metal
squier strats suck for metal, thats your first problem, they can't handle high gain well, mainly cause of the single coil pickups, some single coils can handle higher gain but squiers...god no.

secondly, squier amp. no. you need a new amp. personally i'm not a big fan of line 6 but they do get the job done. line 6 has a wide variety of type of distortion and the built in effects are pretty cool. not a bad choice if you like a wide variety of music and the distortion on them are pretty sweet, good for metal.

distortion pedals arent that important. you have to have a solid tone coming from your amp and guitar first. if youre starting with crap, adding a distortion pedal won't make it better. crap plus effects and pedals equals more crap, remember that.

and of course your technique is extremely important. if you find a tone you like out of the gear youre working with and you still can't seem to have the songs sound right, then you just need to practice. and my friend there is nothing wrong with that.

So, my advice...

1. do research on amps that are good for metal and have nice distortion, chances are if it is for metal reviews will say the clean channel is weak but don;t worry that is common for many metal amps and if youre on a budget don't let negative remarks about a clean channel bother you if it has sick dostortion.

2. buy a better guitar, something with humbuckers, ibanez or schecter is a good economical choice

3. practice

Hoooo thats it, you have just given light to my closed eyes!! thank you!

Black Sabbath??=CREATORS OF METAL!!!
Quote by filipe.bento.89
Hoooo thats it, you have just given light to my closed eyes!! thank you!

Black Sabbath??=CREATORS OF METAL!!!

youre very welcome