Hey, I'm in the market for a new guitar

i spent a few hours at various guitar stores today trying out as many guitars in my price range as i could fine, and i've brought it down to 5 choices

Ibanez S520EX - $480 + tax

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=518873

Ibanez S320 - $490 + tax

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503

Aria ZZ-1 - $500 + tax

http://www.ariaguitars.com/int/03_products/pro_eg_zz_1.html

B.C. Rich Kerry King V (Upgraded with EMG 81 + 85 set and an EMG afterburner) - $450 flat

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Kerry-King-V-with-Kahler-Electric-Guitar?sku=512681

or, the B.C. Rich Dark Arts Warlock - $500

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Dark-Arts-Warlock-Electric-Guitar?sku=512684

any opinions?

right now i'm leaning towards the ZZ-1 or the KKV, the necks on the 2 S series guitar were a little too wide for my liking, but i could deal with that for the ZR trem
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Last edited by Retardwitguitar at May 17, 2008,
go with the kerry king..good guitars and from experience ( almost everyone in my family owns a bc rich) they ( bc rich) make good guitars
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
The Wizard II being too thick!

really, a lot of people say its too thin. Theres really about 2 necks thinner than it, and thats the original Wizard and the Prestige Wizard.
The Ibanez S520, easily the best guitar. If not, than maybe the KKV or the Aria.

I'd dismiss the Warlock, it just looks too cheap to me.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I love my S series Ibanez, ergo, buy one.
Personally, I would never buy a sig guitar, unless it was exactly what the artist plays. Kerry King doesn't play a $500 p.o.s. Yeah that's what he endorses, but he has a ton of custom guitars worth more than my nuts. The real thing to think about is what you want from your new guitar. By the guitars you're looking at, you want to play some metal. In the $500 price range, the Ibanez's really stand out. BUT, if you get your hands on $1500+ you have a lot more options.
Therefore, buy an Ibanez
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
erm i dont understand how can the wizard II be too thick!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
what i meant by the neck being to thick, i meant the wide. Bad choice of words i guess

i'm not looking at the KKV because it's a Kerry King sig, that almost puts me off it, i'm looking at it because its a V with a floyd rose and EMG's.
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Quote by Retardwitguitar
what i meant by the neck being to thick, i meant the wide. Bad choice of words i guess

i'm not looking at the KKV because it's a Kerry King sig, that almost puts me off it, i'm looking at it because its a V with a floyd rose and EMG's.

It's a Kahler, not a Floyd.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

the one I'm looking at is an older one with a floyd
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Retardwitguitar
the one I'm looking at is an older one with a floyd

Here's why I think the Ibanez would be better.

1. It has a mahogany body
2. ZR trem
3. Wizard II neck
4. The neck joint

The neck joint on the Ibanez will be a hell of a lot more comfortable than the KKV. The KKV has a thick joint which pretty much makes it hell to do anything on the high frets.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

An S series neck too thick?!

You, sir, are a madman. I personally find them WAY too thin.

That being said, I would go with the Aria. They make some really awesome guitars.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Colgate Total
Here's why I think the Ibanez would be better.

1. It has a mahogany body
2. ZR trem
3. Wizard II neck
4. The neck joint

The neck joint on the Ibanez will be a hell of a lot more comfortable than the KKV. The KKV has a thick joint which pretty much makes it hell to do anything on the high frets.

i honestly didn't notice much of a difference in the neck joints when i played them this morning. The Zr is rally the only thing making me seriously consider the Ibanez, because
I kind of like the basswood more then the mahogany, and im not a big fan of the wizard II
Quote by Kensai

I'd say go with either S320 or B.C rich KKV.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
after another visit to the guitar shop, it looks like the KKV is actually made out of maple

so it's basically the high end KKV, but with a bolt on neck - so this is looking like the winner at this point
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Retardwitguitar
after another visit to the guitar shop, it looks like the KKV is actually made out of maple

so it's basically the high end KKV, but with a bolt on neck - so this is looking like the winner at this point

The ibanez is the only way to go, Bolt on necks with V shaped guitars are awful.
how are they awful?

it seemed fine when i played it earlier
Quote by Kensai

like i said, didn't notice much of a difference when i played them

anyway, the only thing that's making me consider the S still is the ZR. Is the Zr that much better then a floyd that its worth the extra $100 for it + whatever it costs to upgrade pickups?
Quote by Kensai