Keep hearing people saying that whammy pedal and floyd roses suck the life out of your tone? Personally,I disagree but can I have example or opinions how it does?
I don't know for Floyds, but the Whammy pedal artificially modulates the sound, so yeah, you lose your tone when you use it.

My Strat sounds exactly the same as Bellamy's Manson, when we both use a whammy pedal.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
A Floyd Unit doesn't suck your tone, it just sounds different to a non-Floyd Rose guitar.

Another example is the sustain in a non-trem guitar like a Les Paul then fitting a trem to it.

What has more sustain?

They're both the same.

Just biggots that like to say they know better.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
floyd rose will not affect the tone guitar of the guitar. I have a whammy pedal and on some settings the tone is slightly changed but not to a point where it makes the guitar tone sound bad in anyway.
technically speaking, there is some difference in the transfer of vibrations from the strings through the body as opposed to a trem system. so there is a minute "loss of tone". but the majority of people who would have this affect their decision to get a certain guitar should probably get a new amp.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
I would just like to point out a rather stupid idea that has been circulating around UG and is quite wrong. A solid state pedal will NOT make your sound completely digital and ruin the point of a tube amp. Seriously, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
I would just like to point out a rather stupid idea that has been circulating around UG and is quite wrong. A solid state pedal will NOT make your sound completely digital and ruin the point of a tube amp. Seriously, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

WTF?

wrong thread?
Quote by Graveworm
WTF?

wrong thread?

I'm guessing he meant Digital Pedals?
In relation to the Whammy Pedal ect.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
I'm guessing he meant Digital Pedals?
In relation to the Whammy Pedal ect.

Oh....

my bad sorry maf.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
A Floyd Unit doesn't suck your tone, it just sounds different to a non-Floyd Rose guitar.

Another example is the sustain in a non-trem guitar like a Les Paul then fitting a trem to it.

What has more sustain?

They're both the same.

Just biggots that like to say they know better.

So you're saying, that if I were to take 2 identical Les Pauls, then tear a huge chunk of wood out of one to install a Floyd, that it wouldn't have less sustain than the other?

It most definitely would have less sustain, and a noticeably thinner tone. It's common sense, people.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
As mentioned above flloyd roses don't suck tone, but they do sound slightly different when compared to hardtails. But if you route a guitar with a hardtail to fit a Floyd Rose in there, it might harm the tone. After all you ARE taking out a chunk of wood.
When the strings stop before the headstock(locking nuts) and the strings stop at the bridge top there is a loss of vibration through the whole guitar. This will impact the tone a little bit and it makes a difference on what rig you're hearing it through.

It would be really obvious if you were playing through a very clean fender amp or something like that. It would be quite a bit more metallic in the note attack from the fact theres so much metal in the way of the strings, as well as the amount of wood taken out from routing.
Quote by Silky Smooth
When the strings stop before the headstock(locking nuts) and the strings stop at the bridge top there is a loss of vibration through the whole guitar. This will impact the tone a little bit and it makes a difference on what rig you're hearing it through.

It would be really obvious if you were playing through a very clean fender amp or something like that. It would be quite a bit more metallic in the note attack from the fact theres so much metal in the way of the strings, as well as the amount of wood taken out from routing.

Thank you!
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
to be honest i don't particularly agree with the "more wood = better" argument.

most acoustics have way less wood than a LP

or an ES
i have a 'white guitar'