I love D4! So much. I was just listening to them, too. The only thing keeping them from being a perfect band is that the sound clips at the beginning of like half their songs, start getting annoying after the first time. But that's my only complaint.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
They're alright. I only like a few of their songs.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I have Versus God, but I don't like it much. It's okay, but their singer is pretty terrible.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
I love d4. I hope they put out this year. That would be amazing.
Quote by Td_Nights
Is this code for inviting your friends to a circle-jerk?

"We want a band that plays loud and hard every night. And doesn't care how many people counted at the door."
They're a pretty good band, I need to listen to them a little more, but from what I've heard, I like them.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Great band, 'Midwestern songs of the Americas' is a great album, 'Versus God' not quite as good but definitely not bad.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
okay here's an attempt to revive the d4 thread. i saw them in october opeing for nofx and thought they were great and bought their new album "civil war" which kicks ass. i made a request on the tabs forums for more d4 stuff, but i only got one reply. i was hoping someone in the punk forum could figure out the songs.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
okay here's an attempt to revive the d4 thread. i saw them in october opeing for nofx and thought they were great and bought their new album "civil war" which kicks ass. i made a request on the tabs forums for more d4 stuff, but i only got one reply. i was hoping someone in the punk forum could figure out the songs.

What song(s) do you want tabbed? I can play most of them.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by TheAdict310
I have Versus God, but I don't like it much. It's okay, but their singer is pretty terrible.

How can you not like the singer? It's a fat guy that usually takes off his clothes before the end of the set. That's considered a double feature in my books.
Quote by neolithickid
How can you not like the singer? It's a fat guy that usually takes off his clothes before the end of the set. That's considered a double feature in my books.

Unless he's talking about the other guy, who isn't fat, but is still awesome.
brnh.bandcamp.com
What's a good introductory album?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia

Civil War is my favorite but I'd maybe go for Midwestern Songs first. It doesn't really matter, they're all good.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia

I think with this band chronologically is the way to go. So start with Midwestern Songs, then go to Versus God, Situationist Comedy, and finally Civil War. I think I'm actually going to listen to all of these in this order right now. Awesome.

If for some reason you can't get Midwestern, Civil War is the way to go.
brnh.bandcamp.com
thanks
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I have Midwestern Songs and after listening to it a bunch of times it really hasn't done anything for me. I really wanted to like em, but they seem pretty forgettable IMO.
eh...

I never listened, but I am pretty sure I get the gist of it...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Though I did not like Versus God at all, Civil War is pretty amazing.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.