I'm kinda dissatisfied with my neck on my mexican standard strat, and I'm thinking of getting it replaced, because I enjoy the tone I get out of it. It is too thick in my opinion, and my friend has an American Strat with a thinner neck that plays like butter which i might replace onto my strat now. Any suggestions on what to get and how to do it? Also I like to play a lot of funk rock based stuff, so any neck preferences for that would also be helpful.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
well funk guitar is usually pretty bright sounding. So I'd say go for a maple neck since it's brighter than rosewood. All you need to do when you replace a neck is unscrew the neck from the body of the guitar, measure the depth and width and length of the socket, and get another neck that fits those specs then screw it into the socket. It's not terribly complex.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.