What is the difference between this one
Bass Amp

and

Bass Cab

Of course i know what the amplifier is for, but the other thing which i suppose its the cab, i dont know what it is for.
And im asking for the difference in what they are used to, not quality/price/etc.
Thank you!and excuse my lack of knowledge
Last edited by szekelymihai at May 17, 2008,
You managed to successfully post both the same links .

A cab is just speakers, no amplifier. Meaning you can't use it without an amplifier.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
You managed to successfully post both the same links .

A cab is just speakers, no amplifier. Meaning you can't use it without an amplifier.

told you im a moron in my sig.Could you revisit the thread in a few minutes?
There, its done.
OK so i saw it has no speakers, but what its meaning then?Sound emulation?
The first one is a combo, which means it has the amp head and the speaker cab in one. The second one is just the amp head, so you'll get no sound with just it. The combo, however, will produce sound by itself. Well, not by itself, with a bass, of course.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by szekelymihai
told you im a moron in my sig.Could you revisit the thread in a few minutes?
There, its done.
OK so i saw it has no speakers, but what its meaning then?Sound emulation?

You use a head with cabs.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by t3hrav3n
The first one is a combo, which means it has the amp head and the speaker cab in one. The second one is just the amp head, so you'll get no sound with just it. The combo, however, will produce sound by itself. Well, not by itself, with a bass, of course.

so you can play either with a bass combo either with a bass head and a speaker(?).
So is that why an amp is called a combo, being 1 part speaker/1 part head?
Quote by szekelymihai
so you can play either with a bass combo either with a bass head and a speaker(?).
So is that why an amp is called a combo, being 1 part speaker/1 part head?

A combo amp has the amplifier and the speakers in the same box. A head is just the amplifier and a cab is just the speakers. You can either use a combo or you can use a head and cab. Some combos can be used with a cab as well.
bass amps come in two versions. a combo combines the amplifier and the speakers in one cabinet. the other is called a stack. a stack is made up of an amp head, (amplifier in a cabinet of it's own), and a cab(speakers in a cabinet of their own). a combo is a complete bass amp on it's own, where as a stack, requires an amp head and cab, to be a bass amp. hope that makes sense.

doh! smb beat me too it, with far less words.