About 2 months ago I bought the Valveking 112 combo. It sounds great but I was wondering what I could do to improve my sound more.

Option A: Buy new speakers. If you select this please tell me what speakers I should replace it with. No budget with speakers give me the best possible I can get.

Option B: Buy new Tubes: Same as Above suggestion and No budget

Option C: Buy Overdrive Pedal: Same as 2 above suggestion and no budget.

All I play is metal so I don't care about cleans,light overdrive, ect...

EDIT: Tubes and Speakers are STOCK
Last edited by Crabs111 at May 17, 2008,
No budget? Why not do all three?

Try an old TubeScreamer, or a Maxon OD for the overdrive, but I'm not tube or speaker expert, so I can't throw any recommendations in.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
A: Celestion Vintage 30
B: JJ Tubes
C: Maxon OD808 ( if you are good with a solding iron get a BYOC Screamer )

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
well if you don't care for cleans than...why not get a peavey 6505?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
No budget? Why not do all three?

Try an old TubeScreamer, or a Maxon OD for the overdrive, but I'm not tube or speaker expert, so I can't throw any recommendations in.

No budget for 1 item.

EDIT

Quote by acdclandon
well if you don't care for cleans than...why not get a peavey 6505?

Lets see... the peavy 6505 cost about $1000 dollars and any of the upgrades I could do would cost ~200 dollars or less new. So thats not really an option.
plus you sell the valve king
plus you will never get a valve king to do really really hard metal
no point in upgrading it when you can just get a better amp
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
^It has more than enough gain for Metal.

1. Celestion V30s (what I have) or Celestion G12T-75s.
2. I wouldn't personally, but JJ in V1 and 2 EHs in V2 and V3 would be a good combo.
3. Again, I haven't, but I would go for a Fulltone OCD.

If you want some soundclips of the ValveKing with V30s then you can check out my profile where there are a couple of sound clips...however I took down the raw clips because I'm entering the UG album and didn't want people to get confused..So the clips in my profile have a bit of delay, reverb and compression added.
Quote by acdclandon
plus you sell the valve king
plus you will never get a valve king to do really really hard metal
no point in upgrading it when you can just get a better amp

Im' saving up for a fender for cleans so no I will not buy a better amp when I can upgrade the one I have now for 1/5th the cost. I almost guarentee that will be a better sound to cash ratio.

Just going for a thrash metallica/megadeath tone. It has more than enough gain, as bartdevil said. I'm looking for an OD to tighten up my sound. I also heard the stock speakers for the valveking were **** so thats why I made this thread.