if you stress all the strings or will it happen even if you put extra tension on only one or two strings?
first off, guitar necks naturally warp after a certain amount of time. necks also warp if you remove all of the strings at the same time.

but to answer your question, your guitar neck will warp faster if you keep your strings tightened all the time, but the neck will last longer if you loosen your strings after you finish playing.
Quote by angus_young_32
first off, guitar necks naturally warp after a certain amount of time. necks also warp if you remove all of the strings at the same time.

but to answer your question, your guitar neck will warp faster if you keep your strings tightened all the time, but the neck will last longer if you loosen your strings after you finish playing.

There was nothing correct in that post, no offense. Taking the strings off will not usually damage your neck (unless it already has some manufacturing defect). I've never heard of necks warping after time (would vintage guitars be so sought after if they all had warped necks? )

Necks are also designed to withstand the tension of the strings, so tuning down when you're not playing is nothing but a waste of time (actually, constant down- and re-tuning probably does more damage than just leaving it in one tuning [and it probably won't hurt it even then]). If, however, you are going to not be playing your guitar for a long period of time (read: months, years), then it is recommended to tune down about a step.

Yes I used way too many parentheses in that post :/
having too higher gauge strings on some guitars can make your neck warp like 13's on a squier
Necks usually get warped from exposure to water - like being in a damp and humid place for too long. I've had finished maple necks for years and never had any problems with them getting warped. I live in PA so it's not excessively dry or humid. And can get get bowed or back bowed and usually that can be fixed by adjusting the truss rod.
Quote by stewart91
having too higher gauge strings on some guitars can make your neck warp like 13's on a squier

Warping isn't the same as bowing. Bowing is normal when changing string gauges, and is easily fixed.
Quote by mr_hankey
Warping isn't the same as bowing. Bowing is normal when changing string gauges, and is easily fixed.

QFT.

and despite what the ignorant say, removing strings DOES NOT HURT YOUR NECK.
Guitar necks are a bit tougher than some might think. Ive taken all the strings off my guitars many times, never warped. I had one one in a closet for about 5 years at standard tuning, didnt warp. Never heard of taking the tension off the neck after each time you play. Man that would be a serious pain in the butt. As long as you take care of a guitar dont leave em outside in the rain or in the trunk of your car on the hottest day of the year shouldnt have any problems. Get your self a stand so you dont lean it against an amp or in the corner and have a hard case to keep it in.
i recently took .09s off for .010s n didnt adjust anythin do u think it will be ok?
Guitars

Dean Razorback Explosion Lefty
ESP LTD EX-400 LH
Vintage?? LH

Amp

Bugera 333xl
Bugera 412H-BK