ok here it goes i been playing guitar for about oh 6 months now. ive been shooting at a metally kinda cob//darkest hour style of guitar. i can do the riffs but i need to gain alot of speed for doing solos. i do regular little hammer on pull off workouts and some regular major and minors up and down the neck but i jsut cant seem to gain alot of progress. i have a metronome bt iam not to sure how to use it properly. so if u guys had any work outs that help rly well and could tell me how to properly use the metronome that would really help. also my guitar is in drop c and iam not to sure how to fix my scales to that setting.

Thanks And sorry for spelling errors.
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin
Line 6 Spider 50w.
Umm, I'd say practice not if drop c but in standard first, next, do alternate picking chromatic runs for an extra speed workout, metronome: use it a 4 beats per measure, quarter note = 1 note per beat, 1/8th notes = 2 notes per beat, 1/16th notes = 4 notes per beat. Thus you might want to pick up some introductory books on technique, theory, the works, and practice like a nice 3 hours a day (or more) might help.
i do practice for about 3-4 hours a day. i jsut switched to drop c from standard about oh two weeks ago. and i alternative pick chormatic runs all down the neck with like ever possible finger combo so iam not sure some ppl told me just learn scales but iam so lost on them.
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin
Line 6 Spider 50w.