Page 1 of 2
searched and didnt find one, so i decided to make one. Who on here surfs, what do you ride, and what are some of the spots that are around you that you surf most.
I tried surfing once and pretty much went face first into the biggest wave I've ever seen in any place.

Since then I have never done it again.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I ride Mozilla Firefox 3.0.0.1 and I surf the internets in luxury. Time for a new surfboard Metaldud.
memememememe! I have a 7'9 Bic, but I'm probably gettin a new board this summer, cuz I'm really limited on the longer board. The waves in Maryland kinda suck, but I find what I can. I surf up in NY a lot too.
Quote by GuitarManiac09
I ride Mozilla Firefox 3.0.0.1 and I surf the internets in luxury. Time for a new surfboard Metaldud.

You know what? F*ck you! Why cant you eat berries like all the other F*cking bears!

J/k
what kind of board are you looking at getting. i mainly surf in virginia beach, which normally sucks, but this week has been phenonenal. on wednesday we had 12 footers. I ride a 6'0 from the 80s when the waves are like that or when in hatteras. but on normal surf here ill just ride a 5'11 foam board ive had for a few years. The longer boards can be fun, my good friend has a 9'0 a 9'6 a 10'0 and a 10'6 which i surf a lot too.
NJ surf aint to great havent seen anything over 4-5ft in awhile, today was flat, i gotta 7-foot board i think i need to go bigger
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
i lived in Va. Beach for a few years and surfed every day now i live in buffalo and the only water around here is a few polluted lakes.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
I go down to Cornwall every year and I look like some twat trying to surf, which I am

I do enjoy it, even after my incident with the jellyfish
i hit up sandbridge and 15th st. pier alot but mainly all over where ever there was the best waves. they can be kind of hard to find down there. fishermans island is pretty good to.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Last edited by Opethfan1 at May 17, 2008,
Well since this thread is here I might as well ask. I have a board that my brother bought a while back and never used it and it doesn't look like he's going to anytime soon so I thought I should give it a shot. It's a Matt Kechele 6'10" Pug Performer I think and I'm about 5'6" and 110 lbs. Is that a good board for me?
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Did you know you can actually do a university degree in surfing?

And in puppetry as well.

Oo-er...
Opethfan. yeah good waves are hard to find around here. this week has been pretty nasty though. we had 12 footers all along the ocean front on wednesday. i mainly surf the breaks on 45th and 72nd though.

CFH82 i say try it out and see how it feels to you. boards feel different to different people. what kind of waves do you have where you live. like how high and such
Quote by enalsisiht
what kind of board are you looking at getting. i mainly surf in virginia beach, which normally sucks, but this week has been phenonenal. on wednesday we had 12 footers. I ride a 6'0 from the 80s when the waves are like that or when in hatteras. but on normal surf here ill just ride a 5'11 foam board ive had for a few years. The longer boards can be fun, my good friend has a 9'0 a 9'6 a 10'0 and a 10'6 which i surf a lot too.

Lucky bastard. I'm in school up in Towson, 3 hours from the beach. I havent surfed since the week of Christmas. I'm hittin the beach next week, home the MD waves are still good.
And I have no clue what kind of board I want. I don't really know anything about brands etc. I know I want around 6'5 or so, something I can have a little fun on, move a bit more than I can on a 7'9 with a round nose.
Quote by saxaxe
Lucky bastard. I'm in school up in Towson, 3 hours from the beach. I havent surfed since the week of Christmas. I'm hittin the beach next week, home the MD waves are still good.
And I have no clue what kind of board I want. I don't really know anything about brands etc. I know I want around 6'5 or so, something I can have a little fun on, move a bit more than I can on a 7'9 with a round nose.

haha yeah, ive been going out everyday with the waves like the are. wednesday though i skipped school completly to surf. the waves kind of died today and it got flat.
Quote by enalsisiht
haha yeah, ive been going out everyday with the waves like the are. wednesday though i skipped school completly to surf. the waves kind of died today and it got flat.

Yea, I'm pissed cuz I'm up at school, and Im comin home in 3 days, and of course the waves will be gone by then.
goddam
Quote by saxaxe
Yea, I'm pissed cuz I'm up at school, and Im comin home in 3 days, and of course the waves will be gone by then.
goddam

ha that always sucks. or when you decide to come in cuz the waves arnt doing nothing and the minute you come in they pick back up. did you get any nice swells up there
Quote by enalsisiht
Opethfan. yeah good waves are hard to find around here. this week has been pretty nasty though. we had 12 footers all along the ocean front on wednesday. i mainly surf the breaks on 45th and 72nd though.

CFH82 i say try it out and see how it feels to you. boards feel different to different people. what kind of waves do you have where you live. like how high and such

Well, it depends on what beach really. The one I'm usually at has mostly medium sized ones, but this one beach a little farther away always as some pretty big ones.
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by CFH82
Well, it depends on what beach really. The one I'm usually at has mostly medium sized ones, but this one beach a little farther away always as some pretty big ones.

do you have any idea of high in feet or anything. do they break with a barrel at all. cuz for like smaller just riding waves i like the longer board or a foam board but on some of the bigger ones i want my 6'0 for cut backs and such
i hit up croatan every once in a while. i suck at surfing.

but im gonna be in the obx and hatty a lot this summer so maybe ill get better.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
hell no id get my ass chopped off and handed back to me if i went out. they were like 10 ft +. i know a lot of people that went out though. i know a guy that went out 5:30 AM on wednesday and he said it was soooo glassy, but real thick barrels that you don't wanna mess with if you aren't that good.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
This is what Ive been missing

A bit too shallow for my 7'9, but theres been similar waves further out around OC and Assateague.
I hope I can get some of those next week.
wow bro how shallow is the water where those waves are breaking. we got some nice breaks close to shore but there hard as **** to surf. if you get out there and they are like that let usknow. i think i may be going down to hatteras tuesday, should be nice surf there
Quote by enalsisiht
do you have any idea of high in feet or anything. do they break with a barrel at all. cuz for like smaller just riding waves i like the longer board or a foam board but on some of the bigger ones i want my 6'0 for cut backs and such

Not too sure, on a estimate, I'd say about 4 - 5 feet.
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by CFH82
Not too sure, on a estimate, I'd say about 4 - 5 feet.

well i say jsut go out one day and ride it and see how you like it. those waves are definatly long boardable and a 6'10 isnt even that long. if you feel comfortable on it stick wiht it
Quote by enalsisiht
well i say jsut go out one day and ride it and see how you like it. those waves are definatly long boardable and a 6'10 isnt even that long. if you feel comfortable on it stick wiht it

Once the weather gets a little warmer I will.

Thanks.
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I live in florida near beaches and would like to get into it over the summer.

Any advice on buying a board and surfing in general?
Quote by CFH82
Once the weather gets a little warmer I will.

Thanks.

yeah bro its pretty cold out especially up in jersey. here in the beach it just got to where i bareback but most everyone is still in full suiit

and your best bet is to see if you have any friends who surf and maybe have an extra board and get them to teach you. if not you can always try and teach yourself. and to start you may want to get a foam board. there more bouyant and stable than normal baords and there just fun. i still ride mine when its a lax session and were just riding. today its pretty hard to learn on a shortboard. there harder to paddle with and they arnt as bouyant. try finding a lenght your comfortable with and getting one of those.
Last edited by enalsisiht at May 17, 2008,
Quote by enalsisiht
wow bro how shallow is the water where those waves are breaking. we got some nice breaks close to shore but there hard as **** to surf. if you get out there and they are like that let usknow. i think i may be going down to hatteras tuesday, should be nice surf there

The water's pretty shallow, I'd say 3-5 feet. In the photo set, the guy was talking about how they broke like 3 boards that day.
Quote by saxaxe
The water's pretty shallow, I'd say 3-5 feet. In the photo set, the guy was talking about how they broke like 3 boards that day.

ouch looks like thats the shorebreak then. fun to surf but when its big liek that its hard. if you can get ahold of a shortboard hit it cuz there fun but not with some thing longer.
Quote by enalsisiht
ouch looks like thats the shorebreak then. fun to surf but when its big liek that its hard. if you can get ahold of a shortboard hit it cuz there fun but not with some thing longer.

Oh yea, I'd never get near that on my board. Even if I had a 6 footer, Im not experienced enough to surf the shore break yet.
Rofl. Surfing. In Quebec. Lmao.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by saxaxe
Oh yea, I'd never get near that on my board. Even if I had a 6 footer, Im not experienced enough to surf the shore break yet.

yeah im not very good at surfing either. but we dont get a big shorebreak like that here. when we do get nasty stuff like that ill just ride it and maybe go down the pipe a bit but i dont try and cut back a lot or anything. really it isnt too hard as long as you fall out the back of the wave before you go down.
Quote by enalsisiht
yeah bro its pretty cold out especially up in jersey. here in the beach it just got to where i bareback but most everyone is still in full suiit

and your best bet is to see if you have any friends who surf and maybe have an extra board and get them to teach you. if not you can always try and teach yourself. and to start you may want to get a foam board. there more bouyant and stable than normal baords and there just fun. i still ride mine when its a lax session and were just riding. today its pretty hard to learn on a shortboard. there harder to paddle with and they arnt as bouyant. try finding a lenght your comfortable with and getting one of those.

I was going to start last summer when a few friends of mine went for lessons but I had to go away for that week so I wasn't able to. About how much would a decent foam board be?

And I've always wondered this; How often does the board hit you, like whack you in the head or something?
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Page 1 of 2