I'm trying to stay diverse in the types of music i play, so i know a few classic rock songs, some metal, and some RHCP, which im not totally sure how to classify,

but to switch things up a bit, i want to learn a few more simple blues songs, any reccomendations?
Turquoise Team Beasts!
RHCP is FUNK! EDIT: At least their older stuff is...now they're more like rock They are extremely unique and musically talented so they really deserve their own genre

Try some SRV? ZZ Top? I don't know alot of blues.
Last edited by O-52-A-50-R at May 17, 2008,
B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Albert King, Freddie King, *some* Jimi Hendrix, Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, early led zeppelin is very blues inspired, and Lamb of God

That should get you started
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
SOn House
Robert Johnson
Muddy Waters

taht should start you up
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by MrTin
Did he just say lamb of god was blues`?

You sir, just stumbled on the greatest kept secret in music...

Lamb of god actually invented blues.

And TS: Check out Lenny by SRV, that was one of the first I learned, it's fairly easy to pick up.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
SOn House
Robert Johnson
Muddy Waters

I disagree.
I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of Delta Blues, but I can say that Robert Johnson and Son House are a bad place to start with blues. It's very difficult to recognise their talent and skill level in such a primitive form, it isn't easy to listen to like Pride and Joy for instance. Especially for someone listening to modern rock.

Some easy blues stuff would be Since I've Been Loving You by Led Zeppelin, Hideaway, Pride and Joy, Key To The Highway, Boom Boom, Red House, Mannish Boy, and Rollin and Tumblin.

Standards are the best place to start in blues and you can from listening to them very easily find stuff you like.
Quote by ze monsta
I disagree.
I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of Delta Blues, but I can say that Robert Johnson and Son House are a bad place to start with blues. It's very difficult to recognise their talent and skill level in such a primitive form, it isn't easy to listen to like Pride and Joy for instance. Especially for someone listening to modern rock.

Some easy blues stuff would be Since I've Been Loving You by Led Zeppelin, Hideaway, Pride and Joy, Key To The Highway, Boom Boom, Red House, Mannish Boy, and Rollin and Tumblin.

Standards are the best place to start in blues and you can from listening to them very easily find stuff you like.

yea you're probably right
not alot of people can appreciate the old time delta blues at the first listening
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
im starting to realize there is no such thing as "simple blues" because all these songs ive looked up are almost impossible for me, so i think ill come back to blues later, when im more advanced
Turquoise Team Beasts!
Strange Brew (Cream)
Further on up the Road (Bobby Blue Bland version)
Boom Boom (John Lee Hooker)

I don't think blues gets any simpler than these songs.

Blues in general is very simple. BB King once said that if you have simple ingredients then you need a very good cook to make it interesting. Blues is so simple that if you want to make the songs interesting you have to have talented musicians.
Basic 12 bar blues is really simple to play. Dont need to know any shredding. Its what Ive been messing with alot lately. Learn your roots then the other stuff will come easier.
The white stripes are simple to play, and though not true blues but they are very inspired. It is a very good place to start for you.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman