How do you get a first gig? Do you ask some clubs, or bars if there's a chance that your band can play.
Any golden rules concerning gigs?
Sorry, this must've been asked a million times.
I don't need a signature, I'm too special.
Ask people around school or go to parties and bring instruments. You can ask the clubs but you have to audition. Ask friends. And when you do a show be sure to tune and do sound and light checks.
Just find some place in your town that has bands play. Then just go ask them, it helps if you have some sort of recording for them to hear. Most importantly be professional, don't bring the whole band with you when you ask, just you and maybe one other for support. Make sure you have a phone number or email to give them. Act like you know what you're doing and that you've done this a million times, they need to trust that you can bring people in to their restaurant, they are there to make money, not give up and coming bands a venue to play at.

Does your school have a battle of the bands thing? Our first gigs were at our high school, then at the towns art festival thing.
Quote by that_phat_guy
another important note...don't expect to get paid...lol

yeah take anything no matter wat the payment is, ull get practice, experience, fans (if ur good) and you will get your name out there, maybe while playing a gig for free, some1 important (manager, venue owner or any1 else) will see you play and allready you are gonna get famous locally.

take anything you can get.
Quote by thedefrockednun
yeah take anything no matter wat the payment is, ull get practice, experience, fans (if ur good) and you will get your name out there, maybe while playing a gig for free, some1 important (manager, venue owner or any1 else) will see you play and allready you are gonna get famous locally.

take anything you can get.
exactly when getting gigs learn to settle. if the headliner is @ 9 and you go on at 6 be VERY HAPPY
you just witnessed the heart-stopping, door-locking, history makin, pants-droppin, earth-shakin, body quakin, lip-quivering, body-tickilin, love-makin fang
make a cd with a couple of tracks on it and hand it to pubs, clubs etc and someone will ask u.
Talent shows would def. let you play as long as you are good.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in