Alright guys. Here's the thing. I have NEVER crossed over and made an attempt to play in drop d tuning. For most of my guitar playing life, my songs have always been cheerful and happy, but life has taken a turn, and I feel it's time I put a recording in, or at least start working on, a song that is a bit angry . Problem is, I really have no idea how to do any of this. Could anyone show me a few "angry" metal songs/riffs/chord progressions that I could jam out with on the acoustic? Thanks!
The times they are a changin'.....
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Most acoustic metal isn't angry. It's usually sad, or, in some cases, upbeat (see: Alcest).

insideac has a video of himself playing Necrophagist on an acoustic. I forget which song.
Quote by RedDeath9
Opeth + Agalloch + Kathaarsys = win.

Fix'd for profilin' reasons.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
The intro to Black Seeds on Virgin Soil by Old Man's Child is acoustic.
Shadows Fall and In Flames both have some great acoustic instrumentals (SF does at least) and both have great acoustic intros (SF: Those Who Cannot Speak, The Light That Blinds, IF: Moonshield)
Behemoth- Sculpting the Throne Ov Seth
I guess none of those songs are angry, just intelligent...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Morbid Angel - Desolate Ways.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Not a 100% Metal per se. But Breed 77 have an amazing feel to them and they often utilise acoustic guitars.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Yeah, Orion would be a good song for the acoustic.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Not a 100% Metal per se. But Breed 77 have an amazing feel to them and they often utilise acoustic guitars.

This; I love Breed 77
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.