For any one on ug who ever took the sat's, did you guys ever freak out like the kids in this movie? Do you believe that it really controls your life and makes you the person who your gonna become if your gonna be a "nobody" or a somebody?
I think that it's not a measure of intelligence but how conservative your parents are and how much money they're willing to blow on tutors, textbooks, and classes?
How it drills into your head that your value of your life up to age 17 can be calculated out of 2400, that it's a one-time shot at becoming something worthwhile or useful, that the only way you'll ever be successful in life is if you get into a good college so you can get into a good graduate school so you can get a good job with a good house, wife, kids, and medical insurance, that it's system of grading is intensely flawed, that it encourages people to cheat and lie and study only what they're told to study rather than to actually learn anything useful or important, and that its an easy way to standardize Americas schools instead of working towards a system designed to work for everyone?
Why not? I got a 1230 on the sat's and i applied for NYU, some suny schools (upstate new york schools) and Annapolis and west point and got into both military schools and two of my suny schools out of three i applied for. I havent heard anything from nyu as of yet.
Life is a film, you the film maker
Last edited by ~DeadPoetsNow~ at May 17, 2008,
Quote by Craigo
What?

You probably dont have the sat's where you live.
Not really, I think you determine what you make yourself into what you'll become.

You don't have to go to college to be successful, but you better be pretty damn determined in what you do and work as hard as you can to achieve what you want.

I didn't take any SAT classes or read any of the textbooks or have a tutor and I did fairly well on the SAT my first time. Like a 1300 something.

I got into my first choice college easily and I didn't even join one club at school or do more than the necessary 75 hours of community service for a scholarship, and still got in. It was kind of funny seeing people freak out over this stuff but I always just let it be.

These kinds of things can always be explained by a simple passage at the beginning of the movie Trainspotters

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
sats are like pointless exams that your take when your 7, 11 and 14 in the uk
what are they in america?

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Scarlett Johannson was looking fiiiiiiine in that movie!

Also, I did not read the first post...
Wall of text consumes mind and makes reading of difficult
Bought
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81+ 85
Boss MT-2
Weeping Demon Wah
To buy list
Dtech Whammy
Hughes & Kettner Trilogy
Quote by ishalleatyou
sats are like pointless exams that your take when your 7, 11 and 14 in the uk
what are they in america?

Summative Assessment test

measures what you were suppsoed to learn in High School
The reasoing is three part test :Reading, Writing ( an essay) and math

its suppsoed to emasure how acadcemically intelligent yo uare, and colleges look at it to see if tehy should accept you
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Dithindious
Wall of text consumes mind and makes reading of difficult

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!... of text.
Your right, its all a conspiracy to make us dumber
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!... of text.

How doesnt it make sense?
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
How doesnt it make sense?

its really hard to read walls of text, as tehy strain your eyes and theres little recognition where one senetnce ends and anotehr begins, and you get lost real quick.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
its really hard to read walls of text, as tehy strain your eyes and theres little recognition where one senetnce ends and anotehr begins, and you get lost real quick.

I just had a lot to say about it.
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
I just had a lot to say about it.

i know
dont worry we all fall into making walls of text
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Paragraphs. They won't harm you.

For any one on ug who ever took the sat's, did you guys ever freak out like the kids in this movie? Do you believe that it really controls your life and makes you the person who your gonna become if your gonna be a "nobody" or a somebody?
I think that it's not a measure of intelligence but how conservative your parents are and how much money they're willing to blow on tutors, textbooks, and classes?
How it drills into your head that your value of your life up to age 17 can be calculated out of 2400, that it's a one-time shot at becoming something worthwhile or useful, that the only way you'll ever be successful in life is if you get into a good college so you can get into a good graduate school so you can get a good job with a good house, wife, kids, and medical insurance, that it's system of grading is intensely flawed, that it encourages people to cheat and lie and study only what they're told to study rather than to actually learn anything useful or important, and that its an easy way to standardize Americas schools instead of working towards a system designed to work for everyone?
Why not? I got a 1230 on the sat's and i applied for NYU, some suny schools (upstate new york schools) and Annapolis and west point and got into both military schools and two of my suny schools out of three i applied for. I havent heard anything from nyu as of yet.

Here, edit and put this one.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at May 17, 2008,
I can see what you guys were talking about now, it makes it easier to read.
SAT's probably saved my life...ok that's an exaggeration but they sure helped me get into the college I wanted to, since my GPA was a bit low.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.