Hi..I was wondering how much wattage would be needed for a piano and how much for vocals to be heard over drums? I play guitar with a 50W tube amp.

Thanks in advance
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Wattage doesn't measure volume. We need to know what amp you're looking at.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Wattage doesn't measure volume. We need to know what amp you're looking at.

...for the most part, people measure volume on amps by wattage, especially considering most amp reviews and faqs dont tell you the maximum DB output etc.

As for ts, I really dont know what to say for keyboard wattage.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
...for the most part, people measure volume on amps by wattage

So what? They do so incorrectly.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
It really depends how loud you're playing. My band played pretty loud and we needed about at least a 100 watt amp for vocals, and two 12" speakers. And I believe you could also plug the piano into the PA amp.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-4Channel-PA-System?sku=608003

This is the PA system we bought and it was barley audible over a 40 watt fender deluxe amp and my drums, but again we played pretty loud. Just to give you an idea