Just wondering what strings people use on their acoustic.

I'm usually playing elixir med. gauges, their nice but expensive.
I really want to know the best strings for chord playing
Aparrently this is Spam
even though its a website I made that doesn't sell anything

Listen Radiohead
chord playing? umm any strings i guess. elixir are fu*king expensive though, waste of money imo
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Quote by rockinsk8r91
chord playing? umm any strings i guess. elixir are fu*king expensive though, waste of money imo

I know right. I use to play them on my bass but they cost like 50 a pop. But they do last forever with the nanoweb coating.
Aparrently this is Spam
even though its a website I made that doesn't sell anything

Listen Radiohead
D'Addario EJ16's. Phosphor Bronze. I like the tone I get from them. I also like the Elixer nanoweb p/b's, light gauge. Price difference is a moot point since the EJ's cost $10/set and last for about 4 weeks, and the Elixers cost $20/set and last for about 8 weeks. Where's the difference there? Only reason I had to swap over to the D'Addario's is that my local store is out of the Elixers every time I go to get a new set.
Want to try a set of strings that really stay in tune for long periods of time? Martin Silk and Steels. They sound nice too, but don't last too long.
I use Elixir Polywebs or D'Addario EXPs depending on the guitar.
Quote by tom183
I use Elixir Polywebs or D'Addario EXPs depending on the guitar.

Question for you tom. Do you like the thicker coating on the polywebs better than the nanowebs? Have you ever tried a set of nano's?
To me, the poly's coating is so thick the string's feel too much like nylon. They just feel huge under my fingertips, whereas the nano's have a much thinner coating and feel more like uncoated strings.
hm, as for me it's the thing why i like polywebs more than nanowebs - they feel like nylon. and i love it...
Question for you tom. Do you like the thicker coating on the polywebs better than the nanowebs? Have you ever tried a set of nano's?
To me, the poly's coating is so thick the string's feel too much like nylon. They just feel huge under my fingertips, whereas the nano's have a much thinner coating and feel more like uncoated strings.

People often ask me this as I am definitely part of the minority by preferring the polywebs. Ive tried the nanowebs, they feel alright but they sound too bright for my tastes. The thicker coating of the polywebs which many say gives them a crappy sound in my opinion actually tones down that brightness which makes them nicer sounding to my ears. As for the feeling of the strings, some people say they feel too slippery and like nylon strings as you said but again, that just seems to suit me. To me they feel smooth, not slippery and they are the best strings for reducing finger squeak that I have used. They do have a thicker coating (15 microns opposed to 5 microns for the nanowebs I think i recall)...Id say thats just something ive gotten used to.