i'm thinking about getting it, is it loud enough for being 40 watts, it's a 2X12 with celestion vintages 30 speakers...i'm sure it's a lot better than my line 6 spider 3 75, yeah?
It's better than your spider.
I don't like it because it's not all tube, and still sounds digital. So maybe try looking around for something else.
Signatures are overrated.
It actually is all tube. It's basically a tube amp with a POD in the effects loop. It actually sounds quite nice at high volumes, and if you're a player who needs versatility you should try it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I have a Spider III 75 watt and I don't really like it. I tried out the valve version of it and the cleans sound a lot better than the Spider. There is definitely a significant difference in clean tone. As for distortion, I didn't really notice a difference between the two other than you could make it sound a little brighter with the presence knob.
Meh, it sounded alright. Certainly better than the Spider but you can get something better. Actually for 830, there are probably 25 amps I can come up with off the top of my head that would be better. And i was suprised to find it actually is all tube. I thought it was a hybrid. But the effects ruin the tube tone and make it digital. Give us some genres!
Quote by stradivari310
It actually is all tube. It's basically a tube amp with a POD in the effects loop. It actually sounds quite nice at high volumes, and if you're a player who needs versatility you should try it.

It actually only has a tube power section.
It's been verified by many people.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by stradivari310

It's only a tube power section as Moe said. The preamp tubes are used for the phase inverter which is basically just buffering the spider preamp.

It's not a bad sounding amp if you play everything equally. If not, there's others I'd rather have.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
a pod with a power amp and a cabinet would be to the same effect.

or even an atomic amp.

either way, the spider valve is better than the spider III for sure.. and yes, 40 watts will be absolutely fine.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.