so i just went to a music shop and try a Vox AD15VT
it was 200$, i find it very nice
but will 15 watt be enough to play with a band and gig? i will surely use it for home practice anyway.
Will my pedal work great with it?
and second it just want to know what you guy think about the Vox valvetronix?
Will it be a good upgrade? i've got a Fender champ 300
so thanks for your help.
Quote by jebus19
so i just went to a music shop and try a Vox AD15VT
it was 200$, i find it very nice
but will 15 watt be enough to play with a band and gig? i will surely use it for home practice anyway.
Will my pedal work great with it?
and second it just want to know what you guy think about the Vox valvetronix?
Will it be a good upgrade? i've got a Fender champ 300
so thanks for your help.

If you plan on getting an amp from the AD series that you could gig/band with . get the AD30 or AD50.I got the AD30 as my second amp.

Pros: nice effects and amp models, Foot switch is inexpensive.

Cons: too much low end. some times when I use the flange on the amp it will just bypass and give me a clean tone.

I don't see any reason not to buy it unless you're looking for an all tube amp.

EDIT: Although I only have Behringer pedals (don't buy them ever) It handles them quite well.
Keeping it real since '92
15W won't be loud enough to gig with, not a chance. If it was the AC15 you'd be fine, but good luck to anyone who finds one for $200...

The Valvetronix are some of the best budget amps I've ever come across though, pick up a used 50W version and you'll have a worthy gigging amp. The 30W will struggle to cut through so I strongly suggest 50W or above.

Plese note for future reference (cause it's something that gets asked a lot) that solid state amps should really have 50W - 100W of power to be sensible for regular gigging. With valve amps 15W - 50W is as much as most people ever need.
Recently got the AD15VT and love it. I only play for fun by myself when the wife and kids are asleep and wanted something that was pretty small.....this amp hit all the marks. I love the sound. Compared it to a Cube 30x, and this sounded so much more 'alive' than that (at least to my ears). For home use, would get it, but for a band would do the 30 or 50. Loud for 15 watts though.

From doing a lot of research on it, seems like the consensus is that if its for home - 15 or 30 is good. Home and jamming 30. Playing with a band - 50.
Last edited by Eddie NYC at May 17, 2008,
the valvetronix is a great starter amp as it is cheap and lots of effects to play with. It will give you an idea of where you want to go next, however i found myself looking at new amps just a couple of months after getting my ad30
and is one those, ad15, ad30 or ad50, can be played like a head on a cabinet?
I have the AD15vt and i've jammed with a drummer as well as a guitarist and it cut through fairly well, i wouldnt gig with it though, get a 30 watter....
i saw that ad50vt was 100$ more so i think it's probably a good choice
The AD**VT amps have a line-out jack that will let you send the signal to a PA system. I suggest getting the 30 or 50 watt version. As stated above, the 50 watt model should be fine for most gigs. I used to have the 30 watt and I liked it, but not as much as the tubes I play now.

If you get one, be sure to get the foot-switch. It makes the amp way more flexible. I used the memory/manual mode and it was like having 3 amps at the push of two buttons. Nice, indeed.

I'd suggest a tube amp and a good set of pedals any day but, if a good affordable modeler is what you're looking for, the Valvetronix are among the best.
and if i prefer to use the amp for home practice only, should i go with 15 or 50?
Does the larger speaker size make a difference in the quality of the sound? The 15watt is loud enough for me, but I was wondering if it is worthwhile to go with a higher wattage for better sound at the same volume.
The Setup:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Crate GFX-30
Vox AD50VT
Quote by DarkDragon786
Does the larger speaker size make a difference in the quality of the sound? The 15watt is loud enough for me, but I was wondering if it is worthwhile to go with a higher wattage for better sound at the same volume.

same thing for me
i heard that to get a good tube sound (on tube amp) you have to put you amp on high volume
Quote by jebus19
same thing for me
i heard that to get a good tube sound (on tube amp) you have to put you amp on high volume

its not a true tube amp do so you dont have to crank it at all so you can even go for the 50 watt version and you can play it softly and it will be good. i have the 30 watt version and it is really awesome but is now broken and i am saving up for a mesa/marshall. the ad series are beastly though and can do pretty much everything except metal well. if you get an eq pedal you can get any tone your heart desires.