Ive decided to use a metronome, but I dont know how. Do I just play to the tempo without thinking about it, or do I really have to pay alot of attention to the metronome?
I just use my foot, or my mind. I dont know of any online, you could probably search on google or something. you should just use the tempo to guide you. dont think about it much just play to the time...

edit: like I said use google. I did and I found this:

http://www.metronomeonline.com/
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by AlskiOverload
Ive decided to use a metronome, but I dont know how. Do I just play to the tempo without thinking about it, or do I really have to pay alot of attention to the metronome?

Yellow !

Well, they're kinda like crutches: When you're having a hard time walking and use them, you kinda think about it for while. But in the end you just flow with them, they become an extension of your limbs. So it will feel a bit awkward in the beginning, and then... oh well, you get the picture !!!

But if you got good chemistry and sence of rhythm with your band, it's not always necessary.

Good luck!
^ Agreed, good analogy.

Unless you have good awful rhythm, don't concentrate too much on it. I usually zone out when using one, and then zone back in every now and then to make sure I'm on beat.

If you have the chance buy John Petrucci's Rock Discipline. Along with a million other things that will help your playing, he has an entire suction on how to use a metronome.
Cool. Its funny you mention that. I just downloaded Rock Discipline, and I have it open in the background right now. Guess I havent got to that part. Thanks.
Quote by AlskiOverload
Thanks for the help. Nice analogy.

Yeah, gotta use my brain from time to time. Otherwise it will just rust (thanks to years of playing and drinking) ...